The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pre-Season [GDT/PGT] Canucks vs/@ Flames (Split Squad) / Sunday, Sept. 25/22 / 4:00 & 5:00 pm

Rate this topic

-DLC-

4 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Yep, all those JB drafts got us into deep playoff runs after finishing top 10 in the standings every year of his tenure and have left us with one of those most well coached (TG), feared and skilled teams in the entire league that should finally push thru to a cup victory in just a matter of months.   Why did they ever let him go???  What were they thinking?  His results speak for themselves..............

...............................Oh, Wait !

https://thehockeynews.com/news/diving-deep-into-jim-bennings-draft-history-with-the-vancouver-canucks 

https://www.vancouverisawesome.com/canucks-hockey/in-a-twist-of-irony-benning-leaves-next-canucks-gm-a-near-empty-prospect-cupboard-4833869

Well it's the team that's not having to sell the farm to fill a roster for the first time in history, all the idiots who want a single cup now are the folks who are the angriest but tough luck, wah... Suck it up buttercups

And reading CanucksArmy, the Athletic, etc is for chumps, those clueless schmucks couldn't get shite right if their lives depended on it than folks who believe their b.s. come on here and parrot it like it was true which is quite hilarious, the blind following the stupid is what it amounts. I guess people are too afraid to think critically for themselves or something but at the end of the day, it's soooo laughable, but so stupid at the same time. 

So JT Miller was such a bad trade that for some strange reason JR wants to keep him around yet all the media and it's parrots, said it was a bad idea in the first place...

So Hmmm who would you believe?  Idiot media or JR who actually knows what their talking about? 

Can't say I see that as a hard decision, however just because some schmuck sugar coats a pile of shite, doesn't mean it's going to taste good when all is said and done.. 

Thankfully there's a decent amount of people here don't drink the cool-aid and have written things that is a lot better than what the hacks write, yet the bush league media called themselves "experts" which is funny as F!

Lmao! 

Will it ever end? Probably not but as stupid as it is, it's still pretty funny. 

8 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Well it's the team that's not having to sell the farm to fill a roster for the first time in history, all the idiots who want a single cup now are the folks who are the angriest but tough luck, wah... Suck it up buttercups

And reading CanucksArmy, the Athletic, etc is for chumps, those clueless schmucks couldn't get shite right if their lives depended on it than folks who believe their b.s. come on here and parrot it like it was true which is quite hilarious, the blind following the stupid is what it amounts. I guess people are too afraid to think critically for themselves or something but at the end of the day, it's soooo laughable, but so stupid at the same time. 

So JT Miller was such a bad trade that for some strange reason JR wants to keep him around yet all the media and it's parrots, said it was a bad idea in the first place...

So Hmmm who would you believe?  Idiot media or JR who actually knows what their talking about? 

Can't say I see that as a hard decision, however just because some schmuck sugar coats a pile of shite, doesn't mean it's going to taste good when all is said and done.. 

Thankfully there's a decent amount of people here don't drink the cool-aid and have written things that is a lot better than what the hacks write, yet the bush league media called themselves "experts" which is funny as F!

Lmao! 

Will it ever end? Probably not but as stupid as it is, it's still pretty funny. 

Yep, there's alot of angry Unik's out there!  

On 9/27/2022 at 12:23 AM, iceman64 said:

Nothing to do with fandom in the least, he walked in and helped right the ship and did it from a winning career knowing and honing his craft and who can argue with proof like that? The man just knows what he's doing, period, end of story... Hard to ignore 1000+ wins under his belt along with a Jack Adams to boot. I'd trust that any day, as Quinn Hughes said, you want to run through a wall for that man, why? He knows how to get through to guys and that's his job, that's the part I trust in... 

The group needs to make the playoffs.  Maybe with the adds JR/Allvin made we will get in to the playoffs, but those JB teams were awful.  

Still one more sleep!

Don't know if I can wait; maybe if I go to sleep this afternoon...

Next up: The Crackheads.

Hopefully no more split-squad games.

Make the wannabes prove in practices, that they deserve a spot, even in preseason.

But, I don't really care all that much about that.

Just bring back Canucks Hockey.

And, of course, Just Win Baby!

GO CANUCKS GO!

GO PODZ GO!

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

The group needs to make the playoffs.  Maybe with the adds JR/Allvin made we will get in to the playoffs, but those JB teams were awful.  

What did you expect under the circumstances when Gillis left? A boatload of locked in contacts and Luongo especially AND no farm.. 

There's not a GM alive who could have solved that problem until they ALL came of and that's NOW!  Luo is finally off the books with Tanev and Edler.. 

How do i prove there's no GM alive that couldn't have better, tell me that the legalities of contract law can be thrown out the window. 

We both know that's b.s. to say otherwise, go over that roster and how many locked in contact's we had and no farm so how can you refill the farm when you can barely cover a injury or even can't and lose games because of it, and Canada is second place market where players have to be overpaid 90% of the time due to our idiot government and it's over taxing...  AND bonehead fans demanding keep selling the farm because somehow a depthless roster can make it through a gruelling playoff run, like that ever f'n worked for us?!!!

If JB was handed a reasonable team not locked in and a reasonable farm producing quality ELC's I'd agree you with you 110% and be slamming Benning harder that you but obviously that's not the case... 

I have no idea why you people can't get your head around that is beyond me.. 

If it was only as easy as you say Alf but clearly it isn't 

• Vintage 1

22 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

Still one more sleep!

Don't know if I can wait; maybe if I go to sleep this afternoon...

Next up: The Crackheads.

Hopefully no more split-squad games.

Make the wannabes prove in practices, that they deserve a spot, even in preseason.

But, I don't really care all that much about that.

Just bring back Canucks Hockey.

And, of course, Just Win Baby!

GO CANUCKS GO!

GO PODZ GO!

Podz is definitely looking great.. the kid just loves to play, I can hardly wait to see him hit another gear and really take off but even now he's doing great..  go Podz! Klim your next! 

And I hope we have a season without John Garrett, maybe he'll quit or find something else hopefully (fingers crossed)!!! 

Edited by iceman64

On 9/28/2022 at 6:10 AM, Alflives said:

Oh and by the way Alf, a roster with 3 additions that are good is still 90% JB's team, we only needed these few spots looked after to do better than "just" make the playoffs, last year's roster would have with a good start so this year should be a shoe in to get to the post season, and not just ousted first round. 

And next season with more experienced depth (picked prospects already) 

We can finally take a serious run but until the depth is a bit more seasoned, we won't get far, it's one thing to have a wicked roster but history shows us, Canucks fans especially have been through this before without depth and do we have a cup? No, so selling farm all those years should be showing the stupid ones, that ship sailed and not allowing it back is the ONLY way this franchise will have a legit shot. Otherwise it's just more of the same b.s. 

People can shove their one cup and done up their _____ !!!