HKSR

To PHI:

Horvat

Dipietro

To VAN:

Laughton

Attard

1st Round Pick

Canucks get a very good player for the 3rd line C position.  Also acquire an excellent RHD prospect in Attard, and a 1st round pick.

Philly seriously needs a centre with offensive ability given Couturier's long term injury.  Dipietro is a throw-in prospect for depth in Philly.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

To PHI:

Horvat

Dipietro

To VAN:

Laughton

Attard

1st Round Pick

Canucks get a very good player for the 3rd line C position.  Also acquire an excellent RHD prospect in Attard, and a 1st round pick.

Philly seriously needs a centre with offensive ability given Couturier's long term injury.  Dipietro is a throw-in prospect for depth in Philly.

This is actually a good deal if the 2023 1st pick is unprotected. Trade away the captain for a Bedard rebuild.

Edited by CanucksForever2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

To PHI:

Horvat

Dipietro

To VAN:

Laughton

Attard

1st Round Pick

If we're trading BoHo, which I'm not completely against, I would only consider it seriously if there were a blue-chip, young RHD coming back who's already proven he's capable of playing in the NHL and is on an ELC.  If we needed to add to the deal (young RHD being at a premium around the league), then so be it - to a point. 

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, rawkdrummer said:

The NHL would never allow us to draft Bedard, dream on.

we could somehow trade for and hold the top 6 picks in the draft and Bettman would change the rules to allow the stanley cup winning team, Avalanche cough cough to get the first overall pick. or worse yet...the Rangers. or if it HAD to be a Canadian team, hold your breath...the GASP Oilers.( gag, choke,coughcough )

• Vintage 1

If we really couldn't get him signed, then this deal wouldn't be too bad, and it should be along the lines of what we look for (3rd line C who's cheaper but still bullish and good defensively to replace Bo, young RHD with defensive and top-4 upside, and a potential early pick in a good draft year).  That would even enable us to really let Petey and Miller go off on offense at even strength, with the 3rd/ 4th lines more defensively oriented, and the back end hopefully stabilized.  That 1st could even yield another high end C, even if we don't land Bedard.  I'd be down for this if we had to move Bo.  

• Vintage 1

14 hours ago, Fanuck said:

If we're trading BoHo, which I'm not completely against, I would only consider it seriously if there were a blue-chip, young RHD coming back who's already proven he's capable of playing in the NHL and is on an ELC.  If we needed to add to the deal (young RHD being at a premium around the league), then so be it - to a point. 

So maybe circle back to NYR ... but they signed a center.   COL?   For Byram?  Know he's a LHD ... but OEL could always move to the right side, i doubt he'd be worse then last year which of course was decent/good.     It's tough to find that guy ... Marino.. Carlo with McAvoy out for maybe the season, isn't going anywhere.    This isn't a terrible proposal.    Horvat should be considered as a rental, in that case it's actually a great return. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Allvin answering the phones when he hears we're willing to let Horvat go for cheap...

daffy duck hello GIF by Looney Tunes

The OP never said he's signing with PHI, and really why would he want too.   This is a great return for a rental deal. 

Personally we need to sign Horvat.  Unless his camps ask is ridiculous.    Which i doubt it is...unless he's ready for a change.  TO would probably make the room for  him ...  PHI is a team that could go after him this summer.   Can't wait until this stuff is over with. 

• Cheers 2

16 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

So how does getting rid of a 30 goal scoring, top faceoff centerman, for futures help us win a cup in our current window?

Butcher was a huge part of our blueline, a leader, a tough as nails defensive defenseman that hasn't existed in this league for sometime.   I loved Butcher, him and Snepsts made sure the Oilers and CAL had to earn their time in our zone, and really that's about all we could do back then lol.   Was traded for key pieces in the 90's.    Sundstrom was our leading scorer until Bure came along.   Quin also traded him, those two trades along with drafting Linden and Bure,  created the most successful playoff team we've ever had, and some of those effects trickled down until Markstrom walked. 

If Horvat isn't signed before the TDL, there is going to be a ton of talk about him.   And some pretty serious offers.    This would be an excellent one, and i'd bet Torts sure would be happy to have him.  PHI is one of maybe a half dozen teams, that can actually afford him too.   Next summer free agents in general are going to find it awfully hard to get what they want... the market just doesn't have a lot of extra cap left, and RFAs will get done first.   I doubt Seattle and ARI would be willing to take cap on from more then one deal each.  

Our team is going to be cap crunched, but can make it work at most around 7...and that's going to take a little work. 

The dead cap and Ferlands deal only goes so far ... 2.75 for Miller,  1.5ish for Horvat ... it's going to be tight.   Brocks raise... 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Butcher was a huge part of our blueline, a leader, a tough as nails defensive defenseman that hasn't existed in this league for sometime.   I loved Butcher, him and Snepsts made sure the Oilers and CAL had to earn their time in our zone, and really that's about all we could do back then lol.   Was traded for key pieces in the 90's.    Sundstrom was our leading scorer until Bure came along.   Quin also traded him, those two trades along with drafting Linden and Bure,  created the most successful playoff team we've ever had, and some of those effects trickled down until Markstrom walked. 

If Horvat isn't signed before the TDL, there is going to be a ton of talk about him.   And some pretty serious offers.    This would be an excellent one, and i'd bet Torts sure would be happy to have him.  PHI is one of maybe a half dozen teams, that can actually afford him too.   Next summer free agents in general are going to find it awfully hard to get what they want... the market just doesn't have a lot of extra cap left, and RFAs will get done first.   I doubt Seattle and ARI would be willing to take cap on from more then one deal each.  

Our team is going to be cap crunched, but can make it work at most around 7...and that's going to take a little work. 

The dead cap and Ferlands deal only goes so far ... 2.75 for Miller,  1.5ish for Horvat ... it's going to be tight.   Brocks raise... 

Didn't a report just come out yesterday saying that there are projections of the cap going up 9+ million soon? With that, and the timing of expiring deals when we'll need to re-up players like EP, Hughes etc... we shouldn't worry too much. We have the room for Bo next year. He brings too much to the table to walk away from. 1 step forward, 5 steps back if we trade him

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

So maybe circle back to NYR ... but they signed a center.   COL?   For Byram?  Know he's a LHD ... but OEL could always move to the right side, i doubt he'd be worse then last year which of course was decent/good.     It's tough to find that guy ... Marino.. Carlo with McAvoy out for maybe the season, isn't going anywhere.    This isn't a terrible proposal.    Horvat should be considered as a rental, in that case it's actually a great return. 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

The OP never said he's signing with PHI, and really why would he want too.   This is a great return for a rental deal. 

Personally we need to sign Horvat.  Unless his camps ask is ridiculous.    Which i doubt it is...unless he's ready for a change.  TO would probably make the room for  him ...  PHI is a team that could go after him this summer.   Can't wait until this stuff is over with. 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Finally someone that gets it lol. Thank you!

Personally I'd rather re-sign Bo, but he's a pending UFA, so if we can't sign him, we get the most we can for him.  What's stopping the Canucks from flipping the 1st and one of our forwards for additional help?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

17 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Finally someone that gets it lol. Thank you!

Personally I'd rather re-sign Bo, but he's a pending UFA, so if we can't sign him, we get the most we can for him.  What's stopping the Canucks from flipping the 1st and one of our forwards for additional help?

JB went for it when the team was struggling with Brock out, and added TT.  Cost us our best center prospect and a second rounder.    Reasonable cost.   And the team did have very good stretches but for sure was struggling down the stretch. 

The exchange was good, 17 playoff games, especially for Horvat and the kids.   People sure took issue with losing Markstrom and Tanev though.   As well as not re-signing  TT.    In the end we ended up with Garland and OEL, because it was OELs week long talks, and trading for Schmidt that used up the cap space to keep Tanev and or TT.   Markstrom not a big deal - Demko was the right horse to back.   We didn't have the money to sign Markstrom, and we wouldn't have got that much for Demko with Seattle left to do.    

So we can look at it this way:  What would have been better for the team, re-signing Tanev, and TT and keeping all that cap LE etc ... and our 9th.   OR adding OEL and Garland.   That's what it amounted too.   Schmidt was a wash. 

I'd say Garland > then TT given his age.     OEL ... well OEL Myers was a better pairing then we've seen since Hamhuis and Bieksa were around to take the tough minutes.    And QHs Schenn was actually a better pairing them QHs Tanev was.   Call that ascension though, of course Tanev is better and who'd know what could of happened if we kept that pairing intact.     Thing is ... and this is the crux ... 12 instead of 8.5ish...that's quite a bit of extra cap - plus our 9th. 

We should have re-signed Tanev.   And if we don't have Horvat re-signed before the TDL, and he isn't traded - we have to re-sign him.   I agree with JR, this team can't afford to let free agents walk for free, we don't have a good prospect pool ... and recycling them is one way to fix that.  We lose big time if Horvat walks for nothing.  

• Cheers 1