The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Forecast of Cap Increase through 25/26 season

Rate this topic

VegasCanuck

On 9/27/2022 at 5:43 PM, VegasCanuck said:

Basically, we could see a 92 million cap by 25/26 season which will make that Miller signing and the Hughes signings look like bargains.

For Miller I agree, but Hughes would only be 1 year away from UFA with a big cap jump, to retain him could cost 10m or more depending on how he does...should see some inflated salaries just like the NBA when their salary cap jumped. Demko would also be a UFA that summer in his late 20s wanting a max term retirement contract no!?!?

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

For Miller I agree, but Hughes would only be 1 year away from UFA with a big cap jump, to retain him could cost 10m or more depending on how he does...should see some inflated salaries just like the NBA when their salary cap jumped. Demko would also be a UFA that summer in his late 20s wanting a max term retirement contract no!?!?

Hughes isnt anywhere near a 10 mil dollar dman

On 9/27/2022 at 5:43 PM, VegasCanuck said:

Posting this in Canucks chat as it's relevant to a lot of our recent discussions about contracts for specific players and what we can afford.

Sportsnet published a forecast that from what I've heard, is in line with what the NHL feels will occur.

Increases after the 23/24 season become much more extravagant and generous.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nhl-preparing-teams-for-sharp-salary-cap-increase-over-next-three-seasons/

Basically, we could see a 92 million cap by 25/26 season which will make that Miller signing and the Hughes signings look like bargains.

Daley was saying the jump to 92 may even happen in 24-25 . Right in time for EP40 to sign for 9+ after breaking out and becoming the franchise guy we know he is lol. Not to mention Podz as well. 

Looking at our cap long-term we're actually going to have cap to add guys via ufa right when we should be right in the wide open part of our window.

We will still have our entire core locked up at flat cap % while guys like Myers,  Poolman,  Dickenson,  Pearson ( tho I'd  be fine with him sticking around on a fair deal) are off the books, while Klimovich,  Linus, Lekkerimaki,  Ep², have hopefully forced themselves onto the team.

Other teams exiting their rebuild will either be stuck signing their young core based on higher cap, like the ducks, Sabres, wings, etc.

• Cheers 1