The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 13 players - Sept. 29, 2022

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Burroughs is the main one.  I really liked him last year, and think he would be very useful especially when we play teams like Calgary and Minny who will try and take liberties.  

Juulsen is another guy that's my pick to excel in Abby and not look out of place in the NHL when/if injuries hit.  

i doubt anyone will pick any of them up.. they have to basically keep him on the roster if they take him as they would have to send him through waivers to send him down.

35 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

This just shows how stupid Green was to gift Hunt a job despite the clear evidence that he simply doesn't belong in the NHL.

are you sure you aren't going to cheer for a new team?

might I suggest the Avs, after all, they just cut Brad Hunt

j/k haha

on a slightly more serious note, you do realize that hunt is now 34 and may have eaten one too many burritos over the summer

people age

not that I want to defend Green

2 minutes ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Hunt literally was just a stop gap for Rathbone. That's it. 

We had tons of guys last year who would have been huge upgrades over a guy who was worse than useless.  We also passed over many guys on waivers who were capable of playing in the NHL. There is no excuse for allowing Hunt to play a single shift.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Burroughs is the main one.  I really liked him last year, and think he would be very useful especially when we play teams like Calgary and Minny who will try and take liberties.  

Juulsen is another guy that's my pick to excel in Abby and not look out of place in the NHL when/if injuries hit.  

I'm with you on that!! Burroughs is a local boy who plays his heart out... just wish more of his shots would end up in net!!

Juulsen I'm afraid.... .is not gonna develop much more.. which is why Florida packaged him in the deal...

Won't be shocked to see Brad Hunt get claimed by a team. He hasn't played an AHL game since 2016-2017. I feel like a team like Edmonton or Arizona might give him a flyer as they shore up their own defensive depth issues.

That said, I don't expect the Canucks to make any waiver claims yet. They might pick up a winger to fill in for Boeser/Mikheyev in the time it takes for them to return from their injuries but I think this management group will give guys like Karlsson, Aman, Di Giuseppe, and Lockwood all the chances to take those fill in spots before looking elsewhere.

8 minutes ago, joe-max said:

The King is on his game early. Only a matter of minutes until he calls someone "utter waste of oxygen" or "absolutely useless, unworthy of life scum of mankind" because someone misses an outlet pass.

wondering eric cartman GIF by South Park

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

Won't be shocked to see Brad Hunt get claimed by a team. He hasn't played an AHL game since 2016-2017. I feel like a team like Edmonton or Arizona might give him a flyer as they shore up their own defensive depth issues.

That said, I don't expect the Canucks to make any waiver claims yet. They might pick up a winger to fill in for Boeser/Mikheyev in the time it takes for them to return from their injuries but I think this management group will give guys like Karlsson, Aman, Di Giuseppe, and Lockwood all the chances to take those fill in spots before looking elsewhere.

Agreed, 2 injuries means spots for Hogs and Karlsson. We know Hogs can be a good top-9 guy, excited to see Karlsson play. 

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

He had a bit of a blind spot and made a poor assessment, but at least he's a qualified NHL coach unlike the incompetent baboon he replaced.

Erm, you do realize that the depth for the Avs is a lot stronger than what the Canucks have right? Just because he's put on waivers here doesn't mean he's trash.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

This just shows how stupid Green was to gift Hunt a job despite the clear evidence that he simply doesn't belong in the NHL.

Green was so lucky he took over Portland Winterhawks WHL team that was very good. The coach - manager Mike Johnston got suspended and Green stepped in 37-8-2  record WHL champs ..