The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 22 players - Sept. 30, 2022

Hmmmm I wonder if Raddysh would be a cheap depth RHD grab/trial as a #8 if nothing else is gonna happen FA/trade wise? Not exactly being waived by a shallow team and could always be waived later if not a fit. Maybe better to wait until closer to final cuts tho. I guess Perbix will be Tampa's #8?

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Waivers] 23 players - Sept. 30, 2022
57 minutes ago, Ilya Mikheyev said:

Hmmmm I wonder if Raddysh would be a cheap depth RHD grab/trial as a #8 if nothing else is gonna happen FA/trade wise? Not exactly being waived by a shallow team and could always be waived later if not a fit. Maybe better to wait until closer to final cuts tho. I guess Perbix will be Tampa's #8?

I'm not convinced Darren Raddysh is a better defenseman than Brady Keeper or Noah Juulsen at this point...

• Cheers 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Waivers] 22 players - Sept. 30, 2022

Isaac Ratcliffe, please.

former captain in the O" with the storm... whats not to like?

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/300398/isaac-ratcliffe

Definitely uses his size to his advantage…has a mean streak and loves to throw his weight around setting the games physical tone, Futureconsiderations.ca 2017

He has impressive moves one on one and can beat defenders both with protection ability and with his hands, Hockeyprospect.com 2017

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Provost said:

It will be interesting to see when the better quality players end up in waivers, is there an upgrade on Dekeyser in there somewhere?  He has been just fine, especially for a guy who will be near league minimum on a 1 year deal.

Rather keep Dekeyser if there was a choice between the two. Double D still has the pedigree, if not the feet, that our team needs when you want a veteran dman in important games. There will be plenty of those. 

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Isaac Ratcliffe, please.

Definitely uses his size to his advantage…has a mean streak and loves to throw his weight around setting the games physical tone, Futureconsiderations.ca 2017

He has impressive moves one on one and can beat defenders both with protection ability and with his hands, Hockeyprospect.com 2017

Yeah, he seems like he could be worth picking up.

Bit of a string bean, but eliteprospects says he plays physical and has some moves and good hands.

Only got 10 games in the NHL but 4 points in those games for a .4ppg average and only -1.

$813,750 for this year and RFA next; left wing.

What's not to like?

Waive Dickie; he's done.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I'm not convinced Darren Raddysh is a better defenseman than Brady Keeper or Noah Juulsen at this point...

I think that's fair - with Keeper I wanna see him get some TOI after missing a year, so was thinking it might be better for him to start top-4 in Abby rather than 8th in Vancouver; but Juulsen actually probably fits the Canucks needs better than Raddysh at 8 anyway.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Isaac Ratcliffe, please.

I agree. Would be a nice Gadjovich/MacEwen replacement. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/30/2022 at 1:00 PM, GhostsOf1994 said:

Isaac Ratcliffe, please.

Slow as hell and isn't a solid defensive player. Flyser have a weak line up and he was one their first cuts, no thanks.

Edited by Fen1010
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Fen1010 said:

Slow as hell and isn't a solid defensive player. Flyer have a weak line up and he was one their first cuts, no thanks.

Aaww too bad! the 4th line would be a pain

Mikheyev Miller Boeser

Podkolzin Petey Kuzmenko 

Pearson Horvat Garland

Joshua/Lazar/Hoglander/Ratcliffe/dicky/dowling etc

• Cheers 1