The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Hurricanes sign Calvin de Haan

1 hour ago, eeeeergh said:

I'm actually curious if there was some kind of Kuzmenko + Mikheyev package deal negotiation that happened. We already know Mikheyev pushed Kuzmenko towards Vancouver. 

To your point about this team getting good enough, it will be interesting to see what happens if the team plays a bit more of a structured game. Someone like Dickinson thrived in a more structured system in Dallas, and struggled with the run and gun style here.

Maybe our weaker D can outperform its talent level just by having a clearer plan and structure.

Yea it seems like one convinced the other or maybe both for sure. Represented by the same agent interestingly.

I agree completely it’s gonna take structure and having guys overperform to an extent.

Think about how much Sutter squeezes out of guys like Andersson, Kylington, Zadorov and Gudbranson (last season). It’s possible to have guys perform at a higher level if you get them to buy into a system and stay within their abilities.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Yea it seems like one convinced the other or maybe both for sure. Represented by the same agent interestingly.

I agree completely it’s gonna take structure and having guys overperform to an extent.

Think about how much Sutter squeezes out of guys like Andersson, Kylington, Zadorov and Gudbranson (last season). It’s possible to have guys perform at a higher level if you get them to buy into a system and stay within their abilities.

This is sorta why im optimistic that Dermott is better than advertised. Played in an absolutely god awful defensive system and still produced pretty sparkly numbers defensively. Imagine what he could do with some structure and consistency.