The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] 42 players - Oct. 02, 2022

34 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Not sure what position he plays but Pilon sounds like perfect fit on our D. 

There was once a dman named Pilon. Mario made him look like one...

LMX_splittingD_ph20_unframed-388x481.jpg

Forever....

mariolemieux.jpeg

Edited by coryberg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nylander is one of those cases where I think it would have been better for him to stay in Sweden a few years. Become a dynamic offensive threat and then come over.

Putting highly skilled players like him in the AHL to learn how to “play the right way” doesn’t often work out. He was either gonna make it as a dynamic offensive guy or not at all.

I would take a flyer on a bottom 6 guy with some size and speed. We’re clearly still lacking that even with the addition of Joshua.

Radim Zohorna is interesting. 6’6”, 230 lbs forward who plays all three positions. Pace and skating were concerns earlier on (no surprise given his frame) but supposedly he’s made some big improvements in those areas. And recent camp reports out of Pittsburgh said he’s in the best shape of his career. Limited NHL experience but he’s produced fairly well in the games he’s played (10 points in 25 games, playing only about 10 minutes per game) and his analytics profile is actually quite solid (both offensively and defensively). $750K AAV contract with just one year remaining. Have to imagine our management is very familiar with this player.

Edited by SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Radim Zohorna is interesting. 6’6”, 230 lbs forward who plays all three positions. Pace and skating were concerns earlier on (no surprise given his frame) but supposedly he’s made some big improvements in those areas. And recent camp reports out of Pittsburgh said he’s in the best shape of his career. Limited NHL experience but he’s produced fairly well in the games he’s played (10 points in 25 games, playing only about 10 minutes per game) and his analytics profile is actually quite solid (both offensively and defensively). $750K AAV contract with just one year remaining. Have to imagine our management is very familiar with this player.

Does he play physical and drop the mitts?

Need more of that. Our guys are getting pushed around a little too much again.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Does he play physical and drop the mitts?

Need more of that. Our guys are getting pushed around a little too much again.

Nope. He’s not really known as that kind of player. From the reports I’ve seen, he uses his size to be effective at both ends, digs for pucks and wins battles, but doesn’t really bring that truly imposing, physical edge to his game. More of a later blooming big guy with some flashes of higher end offensive abilities who also brings a pretty solid two way game. Not exactly soft, since he does average around a hit per game, but he’s not really considered “mean” or scaring anybody out there.

12 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Nope. He’s not really known as that kind of player. From the reports I’ve seen, he uses his size to be effective at both ends, digs for pucks and wins battles, but doesn’t really bring that truly imposing, physical edge to his game. More of a later blooming big guy with some flashes of higher end offensive abilities who also brings a pretty solid two way game. Not exactly soft, since he does average around a hit per game, but he’s not really considered “mean” or scaring anybody out there.

To be honest, I’d prefer if guys who were 6’5+ at forward have some sort of mean streak to their game. It’s something we lack, even with Joshua. 

Tufte would be a player I’d grab. His skating for his size is really good, and he plays a heavy, north south game which we need more of in our bottom 6. He hasn’t really had an opportunity in Dallas as he’s had a couple of problems with the coaching staff there (not because of his attitude but how unfair he was being treated).

Tufte alongside Lazar and Joshua would make an excellent 4th line.

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Didn't they pick up Lind before the expansion draft?

I thought Seattle took him as their pick from us no?

Toronto picked up McCann in order to expose him to Seattle if that’s what you’re thinking of?

Edited by DeNiro
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1