The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason October 3, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers 6:00pm PT at Rogers Place SN1 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

OEL - Myers

Hughes - Schenn

DeKeyser - Dermott

Rathbone - Burroughs

Maybe they sign DeKeyser to help with depth.

Poolman isn't very good, even when he's healthy.

Rathbone isn't that good either IMO, but he's young and cheap and could fill a bottom pairing role with the right partner. Need to remember he was a 4th rounder, so forget about him being like Quinn.

Myers still struggles to clear the puck from the D-zone. 

I don't get this new management group. They haven't fixed the main problem - the D. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Oh, now I get it, maybe?:

RD: Mr. Rutherford, according to my analytics, Rathbone and Poolman could most likely hinder team success and it could overwork Demko over the course of the season. I'm not sure they can be relied on over 82 games. We need to possibly trade Garland or Boeser to bring in a Top 4 D.

JR: Young Rachel, we disagree with your assessment and believe in this group as it is, and with better coaching we think they can get into the post-season just fine. We're not trading any of our primo offense for D and I'm surprised you would consider that. You're fired. 

:ph34r:

Maybe not, but who knows

• Haha 3
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

RD: Mr. Rutherford, according to my analytics, Rathbone and Poolman could most likely hinder team success and it could overwork Demko over the course of the season. I'm not sure they can be relied on over 82 games. We need to possibly trade Garland or Boeser to bring in a Top 4 D.

JR: Young Rachel, we disagree with your assessment and believe in this group as it is, and with better coaching we think they can get into the post-season just fine. We're not trading any of our primo offense for D and I'm surprised you would consider that. You're fired. 

Maybe not, but who knows

her role was apparently converting analytics into more digestible terms for the coaching staff. I'm guessing she either couldn't do that adequately or it was discovered the role just wasn't needed because it's not like explaining rocket science to 5 year olds. 

4 minutes ago, tas said:

her role was apparently converting analytics into more digestible terms for the coaching staff. I'm guessing she either couldn't do that adequately or it was discovered the role just wasn't needed because it's not like explaining rocket science to 5 year olds. 

Sounds about right, I was joking around about what conversations they may have had. I thought Rutherford liked to make trades. Hmm.  

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

We panic after this?

Nah, this is the last game for experimentation.  

I will want to see our team do well as a team when we go back home.  

I hope that we dress Aman, Karlsson, Wolanin, Juulsen, Arsenault, and a couple more fringe guys. 

It's a very good evaluation opportunity for our franchise. 

2 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Nah, this is the last game for experimentation.  

I will want to see our team do well as a team when we go back home.  

I hope that we dress Aman, Karlsson, Wolanin, Juulsen, Arsenault, and a couple more fringe guys. 

It's a very good evaluation opportunity for our franchise. 

Ryan Johnson is very aware of his Abby team's talent level, assessing in Abbotsford and Vancouver. If they don't understand what kind of players they have yet, then that could be a problem IMO.  

I am a little surprised to hear the negative talk about Rathbone. His last game wasn't his best but other than that I thought he has had a good camp.  His skating has been great and he is a very good passer and distributes the puck well. He looked good when he was playing with Schenn and expect that is where he will start the season.  B)

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe not, but who knows

Well realistically, she shouldn't have had any input on player personnel as she simply isn't qualified to make that kind of assessment.  If she's going right to the top without talking to any of the actual hockey people first, that's pretty damn insolent.