The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason October 3, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers 6:00pm PT at Rogers Place SN1 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Maybe these preseason games don't mean anything regarding points and standings, but to me it's more about being ready as a set roster for Game 1. If they finish the road trip 1-4, then they'll already be trying to claw their way back into relevance. They need a strong start to the season. I hope Pettersson  and Hughes will be ready. 

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe these preseason games don't mean anything regarding points and standings, but to me it's more about being ready as a set roster for Game 1. If they finish the road trip 1-4, then they'll already be trying to claw their way back into relevance. They need a strong start to the season. I hope Pettersson  and Hughes will be ready. 

I mean they don’t mean anything. No one is going to give a crap what happened in the preseason once puck drops on the 12th. We are getting to wrapped up in these games here.

27 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I am a little surprised to hear the negative talk about Rathbone. His last game wasn't his best but other than that I thought he has had a good camp.  His skating has been great and he is a very good passer and distributes the puck well. He looked good when he was playing with Schenn and expect that is where he will start the season.  B)

people tend to forget young d men will make mistakes and you have to be patient and let them learn from it. If we see Rathbone making the same mistakes next year then I'll be concerned but for now we need to let the kid learn. For me its not if he's perfect now, but does he have the skill set to become as solid player and it certainly looks like that potential is there. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Interesting...

So, these guys aren't playing tonight? Maybe they're okay going 0-5. Here's Bruce trying to keep them all positive, instill a winning attitude, and they can't win a game or hardly score a goal. 

I want to see how Juulsen handles the 2 big boys, SO I hope he plays  -  I have thought since we acquired him that he had more to show.

But I was wrong about Rafferty. ... I saw most of his games in his Utica season, and thought he was a lock for promotion, but he languished in the taxi squad.  Couldn't crack the Ducks roster, nor the Kraken, so I am guessing I am just a hopeless judge of talent. :mellow:

Fingers crossed for Juulsen, though.

(and Karlsson - always got to root for my boy!!)

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Interesting...

I knew it 

It's a road pre-season game. 

We have two home games coming up to get our full lineup going. 

Speculating on a couple of lines I'd like to see .....

Pearson-Lazar-Podkolzin

Hoglander-Aman-Karlsson

Also would like to see a Rathbone-Juulsen D-pairing.  They had a couple of games as partners at the tail end of last season and jelled nicely

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I knew it 

It's a road pre-season game. 

We have two home games coming up to get our full lineup going. 

Even then, I wasn't expecting the Canucks sit out their three best forwards, two best defencemen and two best goaltenders. I was expecting maybe one from each position to sit out. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

Why watch this game then, it’s going to be a blowout 

I guess if we use the common explanation around here that the vets usually coast in these games then the Canuck C squad should be able to win this :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1