The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason October 3, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers 6:00pm PT at Rogers Place SN1 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

lol so none of the top 3 centers are playing.. the only 2 good capable defenceman ain't playing.. both starting goalie and backup ain't playing.. vs pretty much edmonton's A lineup.. will we see a double digit blowout? who the hell do we even have playing center.. dickinson lazar dowling aman/dries? canucks doesn't seem to value preseason building chemistry at all.

• Haha 1

Sweet, Another slow start year. While the coil are going full NHL lineup we are doing the bare bones lineup lol. What do you learn about your ahl guys when you play them against a top nhl squad. I want kuzmenko ffs:lol:

Edited by Mustard Tiger
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

Seen enough of the maybes and fringe dudes. The fight for the last couple of spots should be almost over. Maybe these game rosters change later, but I doubt ii. 

The only thing I can think of is a tremendous fear of more injuries to regulars. Guess I just don't understand the reasoning. Regular season draws near. :unsure:

Maybe that's it (fear of injuries), and also maybe they have such high confidence in the big guns, that they trust they'll be ready for a Game 1 victory. JR/PA/BB are all new in VAN to start the season.  JR/PA don't have Crosby and Malkin to rely on. Bruce doesn't have Ovechkin and Backstrom. Lot pf pressure on Petey, for a guy who isn't practicing in game situations. They'll learn. 

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol so none of the top 3 centers are playing.. the only 2 good capable defenceman ain't playing.. both starting goalie and backup ain't playing.. vs pretty much edmonton's A lineup.. will we see a double digit blowout? who the hell do we even have playing center.. dickinson lazar dowling aman/dries? canucks doesn't seem to value preseason building chemistry at all.

image.png.1f7598a987021bc39f4f0c562c3c46fa.png

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Sweet, Another slow start year. While the coil are going full NHL lineup we are doing the bare bones lineup lol. What do you learn about your ahl guys when you play them against a top nhl squad. I want kuzmenko ffs:lol:

:lol: I think we know Kuzmenko is a lock for the lineup don't you?

I think we'll learn a lot about the guys playing tonight, e.g., like how they handle adversity. 

• Cheers 3

2 hours ago, tas said:

her role was apparently converting analytics into more digestible terms for the coaching staff. I'm guessing she either couldn't do that adequately or it was discovered the role just wasn't needed because it's not like explaining rocket science to 5 year olds. 

Isn't the rumour that JR released the ACL Mikheyev rumour on purpose to snuff out the mole who had been giving information to the press and it was her? 

• Upvote 1