The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason October 3, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers 6:00pm PT at Rogers Place SN1 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

I mean I get it as all the cuts are coming after this one and they want to see as many kids and depth guys the can one more time. Winning or losing in the preseason is not the issue for me so no harm done in that sense.

But we do have probably the biggest mismatch coming up I can remember since I began following the Canucks in the early 90’s.

Might end well, might be quite the blowout. With blowout being the assumption here.

Maybe the Canucks icing a lame lineup against EDM will give the Oilers false hope that they can kick the Canucks' butt in Game 1. But then Petey, Miller, Kuzmenko and Hughes, etc. will show up and give them a reality check. Wishful thinking? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

again i don't care about win or lose i want to see effort.. i don't need to see the 100% full gas pedal effort coz it's preseason but i still wanna see 60-70% effort level.. last game or vets were mia or thought they were playing pond hockey

Well, I care about winning.  

Winning-is-Winning.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=db

• Cheers 1

37 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Sweet, Another slow start year. While the coil are going full NHL lineup we are doing the bare bones lineup lol. What do you learn about your ahl guys when you play them against a top nhl squad. I want kuzmenko ffs:lol:

On the other hand what does a top NHL level team learn about themselves when playing against an AHL team? Probably more beneficial for our guys. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So basically our AHL lineup vs their NHL lineup, interesting.

Pods and Garland together should be interesting tho.

This is a great challenge for the other guys tho, I think they are all probably pretty pumped for the chance to play against this group. 

• Cheers 2