The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason October 3, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers 6:00pm PT at Rogers Place SN1 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

12 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Podkolzin, Dries and Garland should have about six points between them, even if they go head to head with Kane, McDavid and Yama. Why not? Early preseason confidence !

this is a neat opportunity for Klimovich as well to measure where he's at. 

it cracks me up how many people want to win the pre-season cup :lol:

• Haha 2
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Maybe that's it (fear of injuries), and also maybe they have such high confidence in the big guns, that they trust they'll be ready for a Game 1 victory. JR/PA/BB are all new in VAN to start the season.  JR/PA don't have Crosby and Malkin to rely on. Bruce doesn't have Ovechkin and Backstrom. Lot pf pressure on Petey, for a guy who isn't practicing in game situations. They'll learn. 

Problem is all the other teams have been icing almost complete rosters for the last few games, the Canucks have not, they’ll start from behind, there no way to hit the ground running come the start of the season without playing games. The last four preseason games should be the full roster minus a couple of bubble guys swapped out to evaluate, not a roster full of them. It’s the same boneheaded mistakes green and co made the previous years 

1 minute ago, Muttley said:

Tell me you're secretly not doing fist pumps when a Canuck makes a great play in preseason...:)

for sure, but I couldn't care less about the wins and losses, its meaningless. 

Take the game tonight, if Podz has a good game I'm happy. If Klim lays out Kane with a great hit, I'll be giddy. Edmonton winning? who gives a rats hiney. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doxm said:

This is going to be absolutely atrocious to watch. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see 10+ goals for the Oilers. 

Yes, I can see all of those AHLers star-struck and in awe watching McDavid and Draisaitl skate circles around them. At least VAN has Demko...oh wait, no they don't. Good luck Delia and Silovs. 

Also funny to call either of those POWER play units.  

Canucks sure like to abuse themselves, gonna see Jake put one in, probably

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Isn't the rumour that JR released the ACL Mikheyev rumour on purpose to snuff out the mole who had been giving information to the press and it was her? 

that is a completely unsubstantiated rumour I've read, yes.

6 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yes, I can see all of those AHLers star-struck and in awe watching McDavid and Draisaitl skate circles around them. At least VAN has Demko...oh wait, no they don't. Good luck Delia and Silovs. 

Also funny to call either of those POWER play units.  

Canucks sure like to abuse themselves, gonna see Jake put one in, probably

This is on Bruce.  He's going to ruin the confidence of our goalies.  Remember when DiPietro got lit up?  He hasn't been the same since.  If Delia/Silovs get lit up for 10 goals how is that going to help their confidence?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This is on Bruce.  He's going to ruin the confidence of our goalies.  Remember when DiPietro got lit up?  He hasn't been the same since.  If Delia/Silovs get lit up for 10 goals how is that going to help their confidence?

Maybe Ryan Johnson sold JR/PA hard on letting the Abby guys get some ice time against some top notch NHLers, like it would give them extra incentive to push hard for a spot on the big team one day. I think they really want to make Abby competitive, but hopefully not at the expense of the Vancouver team. 

Miller, Pettersson etc. just better be ready for Game 1.  Enough talky talk from Millsy.  

• Upvote 1