The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Preseason October 3, 2022 Vancouver Canucks @ Edmonton Oilers 6:00pm PT at Rogers Place SN1 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

13 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Our lineup tonight is a joke.  Edmonton is playing pretty much their entire roster and we are playing our Abby roster.  Playing guys you know 100% are going down to Abby is a waste of time.  This isn't going to help our start.  You can't just turn it on and turn it off as player.  You need actual game reps.

At least this game should help us answer:

Which of Burroughs, Wolanin, and DeKeyser could potentially play top-4 minutes alongside Hughes, OEL, or Myers? (We already know Poolman cant, I hope thats why they don't have him playing after last game's miserable showing for him)

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Looks like Bruce was trying really hard not to say "I hate losing". 

I really believe this is Ryan Johnson's plan (playing the AHLers), and Bruce's job is to coach whoever they give him. 

24 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

At least this game should help us answer:

Which of Burroughs, Wolanin, and DeKeyser could potentially play top-4 minutes alongside Hughes, OEL, or Myers? (We already know Poolman cant, I hope thats why they don't have him playing after last game's miserable showing for him)

Maybe not top 4, but at least one of those guys will be on the 23 man roster, maybe two. And one of those guys could be in the top 6. Burroughs is in the pole position to make the 23 man roster but Wolanin is a potential dark horse.

And Juulsen gets a chance to show if he has made progress since last year.  With a good game Juulsen or Brisbois or Keeper could get themselves into the conversation. I am not saying it is likely, but there is a chance.

Right now it looks like Hughes,  OEL, and Rathbone on the left side to start the season with Myers, Schenn and (shudder) Poolman on the right. But I am sure that Bruce would love to see one of guys playing tonight play well enough to displace Poolman.  I know I would. And let's hope Dermott comes back soon.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, JamesB said:

Maybe not top 4, but at least one of those guys will be on the 23 man roster, maybe two. And one of those guys could be in the top 6. Burroughs is in the pole position to make the 23 man roster but Wolanin is a potential dark horse.

And Juulsen gets a chance to show if he has made progress since last year.  With a good game Juulsen or Brisbois or Keeper could get themselves into the conversation. I am not saying it is likely, but there is a chance.

Right now it looks like Hughes,  OEL, and Rathbone on the left side to start the season with Myers, Schenn and (shudder) Poolman on the right. But I am sure that Bruce would love to see one of guys playing tonight play well enough to displace Poolman.  I know I would. And let's hope Dermott comes back soon.

I imagine a Rathbone-Dermott pairing would be a pretty decent third pair.

Though I'd still like to see what Dermott can do in Myers' spot. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, x00x said:

and whos gonna score? i see a 7-1 win by the oilers , garland scores only goal

7-1 is being generous…

McDavid is gonna have at least 5 points. If they don’t hit double digits I’d be shocked.

They’re sending these guys to the slaughter. What that is supposed to accomplish I’m not sure. Like let’s see how our AHL guys stack up against the two best players in the game? Waste of a preseason game.

• Like 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, RU SERIOUS said:

OMG ! It's going to be a slaughter out there tonight!

Circle the Wagons Arranged by Jack Wilds - YouTubeNative Americans Chasing GIF - Native Americans Chasing Were Coming -  Discover & Share GIFs

I’m really not sure what they’re hoping to learn from this experiment.

Seems like they’re throwing these guys to the wolves. I guess it’s the guys that don’t get completely embarrassed that had a good game.

I understand challenging players but there’s no way they’re gonna gain confidence from this.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1