The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Canucks Injury Thread

Rate this topic

grandmaster

We should post all Canuck injury news on this thread. This is how it used to be, not sure why we stopped doing this. Keeps the thread count lower and not sure why there was nothing for Mikeyev! 

I got the below info from the CBS NHL page:

https://www.cbssports.com/nhl/teams/VAN/vancouver-canucks/injuries/

Boeser - hand 

Expected return Oct 24

Mikheyev - “lower body”

Expected return Oct 12

Dermot - undisclosed

”day to day”

Ferlund - head

IR to at least July (likely LTIR till retirement)

Please feel free to add to the page with more info as we move along the season.

• Thanks 4

Team already down two top 9 forwards in Boeser and Mikheyev, but now lose two of their fringe depth players that would've been next in the pecking order in Dowling and Di Giuseppe. One more injury up front and the team will be using guys they thought would be marinating in Abbotsford for a while.

Gotta think, a waiver claim is made to shore up the depth here.

Edited by CRAZY_4_NAZZY
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

There's a list of guys we'll need to play with an ornery edge, or we risk getting run in some bldgs.

Joshua, Bo, Lazar, JD, Myers will have to assist Schenn & Tanner in this realm. The team badly needs to acquire 1 or 2 large D-men with nasty tempers. Edmundson(if 100%) would be a nice add...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

There's a list of guys we'll need to play with an ornery edge, or we risk getting run in some bldgs.

Joshua, Bo, Lazar, JD, Myers will have to assist Schenn & Tanner in this realm. The team badly needs to acquire 1 or 2 large D-men with nasty tempers. Edmundson(if 100%) would be a nice add...

Nicolas Hague is still unsigned.  He would be my top choice...

• Vintage 2

21 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Team already down two top 9 forwards in Boeser and Mikheyev, but now lose two of their fringe depth players that would've been next in the pecking order in Dowling and Di Giuseppe. One more injury up front and the team will be using guys they thought would be marinating in Abbotsford for a while.

Gotta think, a waiver claim is made to shore up the depth here.

7 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Every team is going through them.

As long as they’re on the shorter side and not hitting one position we should be fine.

Well this seems normal for this team, we've lost so many guys to injury, and at the worst possible times, especially against Boston losing hamhuis nearly killed us but I think either Salo,Tanev, or Edler was the nail in the coffin.

I can't remember which one it was but our D-corps were in bad shape. 

Then Torres swatted the B's nest and woke it up, all history after that but had we had some depth, that might have been different but again, the farm was sold for the roster. 

Bit us in the a$$ AGAIN! 

I'm so glad that's all over, for once we're starting the farm.. with this kind of luck we need it, more than once I've thought "this team seems cursed"

At least there's that, but thankfully Mil should be back soon and he will make a immediate upgrade, that man has speed to burn, right there with McDavid. 

Last time we had this kind of speed was Bure, lest I'm forgetting someone, Courts was pretty fast too..

And Boeser shortly after but the depth we have in Kuz should turn out ok with the mini sample he's shown and he's still new. 

IMO, IF out of some weird change of luck on injuries I see this roster making at least 2nd round. 

The farm I'd the key, since we have to overpay usually to sign players in Canada for the reasons we all know, ELC's from the farm will make us or break us.. 

I just don't see our luck with injuries changing, except last night that Hughes and Petey were uninjured but I'm sure their feeling it as I'm typing this. 

Dodged 2 bullets there (I was in shock they both got up) 

I was horrified and thought, oh great, here we go again..

Thankfully though! Whewww both ok but I'm sure you remember how many times it went the other way and with no depth we'd go on losing streaks.. 

The thought of depth seems like such an odd concept for us but I guess since it's the first time that's normal. 

Don't F it up JR, Please!!! I can't take much more of this ffs!!!! 

Edited by iceman64
  • There it is 1

22 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Every team is going through them.

As long as they’re on the shorter side and not hitting one position we should be fine.

one out of the RD puts a dent in this team