The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2022-23 Canucks Injury Thread

Rate this topic

grandmaster

54 minutes ago, coryberg said:

Send tyler Myers to the AHL to claim Phillip "#7 dman" Myers? rick james cocaine GIF

P Myers has the potential to be a top 4RD, so yeah I would have definitely made that move to make the cap work temporarily so we could get a free asset with potential to solve a major problem area for our roster. Given T Myers was not playing at the time then papering him down to the AHL in the short term is not really an issue. If he was claimed then that is $6m of cap space opened up, which we are likely to be trying to clear out next season anyway.

Dermott would be the other option to waive instead of T Myers. I feel like there would be more chance of Dermott being claimed than Myers with his $6m cap hit.

Edited by BigTramFan

13 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

P Myers has the potential to be a top 4RD, so yeah I would have definitely made that move to make the cap work temporarily so we could get a free asset with potential to solve a major problem area for our roster. Given T Myers was not playing at the time then papering him down to the AHL in the short term is not really an issue. If he was claimed then that is $6m of cap space opened up, which we are likely to be trying to clear out next season anyway.

Dermott would be the other option to waive instead of T Myers. I feel like there would be more chance of Dermott being claimed than Myers with his $6m cap hit.

Wasn't technically possible - not that they'd consider it, but injured players can't be waived.  Dermott and Tyler Myers were injured before Philippe Myers was waived and could not be papered down. 

On 10/10/2022 at 1:59 PM, grandmaster said:

Vintage is pretty good for adding. I’ll add whenever I can. Shouldn’t be just up to one person. We are all Canucks! Lol

Can I change that for you? to  We're all Canucks "when we win" 

Lose 2 or more in a row? Tear it f'n down!!!! 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

We have a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenceman both off and injured. We know it’s been only 2 games but this team looks bad right now. Folks needed to step up. Hopefully BB changes some of the lines, PP, PK and defensive pairings.

4 hours ago, grandmaster said:

We have a top 6 forward and a top 4 defenceman both off and injured. We know it’s been only 2 games but this team looks bad right now. Folks needed to step up. Hopefully BB changes some of the lines, PP, PK and defensive pairings.

We're 2 games in, new players on the team leaning systems, and injured players, do you honestly think we'd be on top of our game off the hop??  People need to start being realistic for a change... 

19 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

We're 2 games in, new players on the team leaning systems, and injured players, do you honestly think we'd be on top of our game off the hop??  People need to start being realistic for a change... 

Valid, but so far the teams issue hasn't been any of the newbies.

early days, but time does march on.

1 hour ago, gurn said:

Valid, but so far the teams issue hasn't been any of the newbies.

early days, but time does march on.

Well the whole team needs to be on the same page, until that happens, which might takes a cpl of more games but look what happened last year..  this time is a tad different and a better roster so give it time, it'll happen.

• Cheers 1