The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames re-sign Mackenzie Weegar

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

makes sense, the Lamer's are all in right now but man they are going to have a lot of old guy money for a long time.

They definitely are in the win right now mode..in a few yrs they may be in a world of hurt with the old guy money for sure.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rackdawg said:

They definitely are in the win right now mode..in a few yrs they may be in a world of hurt with the old guy money for sure.

they are really geared up for Markstroms tenure there for sure. 

Whats going to be interesting to see is if Hoobie-doo can repeat his production on a Sutter type team. I suspect he can, but we'll see. Lil Jonny seemed pretty happy to be gone from there. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I hate to say it, but this Tkachuk trade feels like one of those deals that puts a team over the top.  Not really a Lindros type thing, but similar in nature.

Realistically Huberdeau is worth Tkachuk alone... but to add Weegar (a bonafide top 3 defenceman on most teams in the league), a decent prospect in Schwindt, AND a conditional 1st round pick?  It's pretty ridiculous what Calgary did here.

It helps them with the short term but it will not age well especially for the later half of both of those contracts. It was the best of a bad situation. They are good players no doubt.

Edited by Shekky
  • Upvote 1

Not a bad aav but the term is hurting, he will be 38 during his final season. In isolation that's not the worst but when you pile on Huberdeau's massive hit as well it looks like they are definitely tossing away their future for a chance to win now... sadly I don't think they are cup material. I'm betting they hang in the #8-12 spot for 4 years and then drop like a stone ending up with no prospects, a roster of players that are shells of themselves and a bloated payroll.

Gonna be great:bigblush:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

Whats going to be interesting to see is if Hoobie-doo can repeat his production on a Sutter type team. I suspect he can, but we'll see. Lil Jonny seemed pretty happy to be gone from there. 

Lil Jonny won't be doon much smilin' when he has to return to Cowtown.

I don't think they are going to forget that "love Calgary, the team" bs right before beatin' it on outta there.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

16 minutes ago, JM_ said:

makes sense, the Lamer's are all in right now but man they are going to have a lot of old guy money for a long time.

15 minutes ago, JM_ said:

team friendly for the 1st half maybe. 

10 minutes ago, Rackdawg said:

8 minutes ago, JM_ said:

6w4045.jpg.b380ebe8a7c85c729161e8283782bee6.jpg

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, #Canucks said:

I think the cap will be much higher in 4yrs making this friendly for the full 8. Or even better if they buy him out. 

Cap would have to triple to make a 3rd pairing dman making 6+ million friendly.

8 minutes ago, BPA said:

Would Canucks fans embrace trading EP for a similar return (top F + top D, but older) to go “all-in”?

EP for Zabinejad and Trouba...do you do it?  Not sure of the term on either of those contracts but it's the closest scenario that I could come up with off the top of my head.