The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Around the NHL | October (09-15) 2022

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, MarnersHair said:

2 points for Crosby tonight in his opener. Still two minutes left vs. Arizona. Expecting more penguins goals. 

Did Malkin get injured on that hipcheck? Looked pretty dirty/low. 

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Avs played last night.

Unlike us the Flames get served up an easy game 1.

True, first real look will be Saturday against the Coilers. Flames look tough on paper, and likely the Pacific winner this year.

We had an pretty easy game 1 as well. Up 3-0. 8 powerplays...

22 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Avs played last night.

Unlike us the Flames get served up an easy game 1.

and the Lames are playing like a bunch of try hards pretending to be contenders against the Champs. I expect reality to set in mid season when that team realise they can't generate offence without little Johhny.

7 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Flames backend plays really physical, they’re going to crush our forwards when we play.

They look really good. Guts me to say it, but they do. I hate the Coilers more though, way more. So hopefully the Flames can pound Edmonton. 

Can we give Florida's GM the award for idiot of the decade (from a rival fans perspective)  He basically handed the Flames a top pair D man and one of the leagues best wingers and a first rounder for Matt Tkachuk.  Benning should get honourable mention for letting Marky and Tanev walk to their front door...but i guess im just looking to blame benning lol.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Darius said:

Can we give Florida's GM the award for idiot of the decade (from a rival fans perspective)  He basically handed the Flames a top pair D man and one of the leagues best wingers and a first rounder for Matt Tkachuk.  Benning should get honourable mention for letting Marky and Tanev walk to their front door...but i guess im just looking to blame benning lol.

the trade make sense for Florida.. they won't be able to afford weegar anyways and Tkatchuk will keep their window open much longer than keeping huberdeau and the guy technically not even in his prime yet whether you like him or hate him. both huberdeau and weegar contract will be massive anchor halfway thru while MT will be in his prime the entire duration of the contract.

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

the trade make sense for Florida.. they won't be able to afford weegar anyways and Tkatchuk will keep their window open much longer than keeping huberdeau and the guy technically not even in his prime yet whether you like him or hate him. both huberdeau and weegar contract will be massive anchor halfway thru while MT will be in his prime the entire duration of the contract.

I get that 4 or 5 years from now Tkachuk will still be relatively young compared to those guys, but until those contracts become anchors 5 years from now it looks like a massive win for Calgary.  They might even win the cup (i have to take a shower now just thinking that).  Throw in the first rounder as a bonus too....just mind numbing that the Flames were in big trouble until Florida threw them that lifeline.  I doubt Kadri signs there if they dont make that deal either.