The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers Oct 12/22 7:00PM PST SN/SN650/CHED

Rate this topic

Odd.

5 game roady to start the season is no easy task but if they can go something like 2-2-1 I’d say that would be a success. Every single point earned this season is critical because we all know it’s going to come down to games 80-82 for those final wildcard spots. I think they are better than Vegas and LA on paper but not as good as Calgary and Edmonton. I have high hopes but am being realistic that this season is going to be a dogfight. 

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Pickly said:

5 game roady to start the season is no easy task but if they can go something like 2-2-1 I’d say that would be a success. Every single point earned this season is critical because we all know it’s going to come down to games 80-82 for those final wildcard spots. I think they are better than Vegas and LA on paper but not as good as Calgary and Edmonton. I have high hopes but am being realistic that this season is going to be a dogfight. 

A team that captures 60% of ‘road points’ and 75% of home points is a guaranteed playoff team. Around 110 points with figures like that. 

2-2-1 would be a fine/acceptable start to the season for an opening road trip. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I question a lot of times why AV. is even on this board. He doesn't seem to be a Canucks fan at all. 

It's okay, I've disagreed with him on pretty much every subject but I think it's better to have people with opposing views around.  

We have had many healthy discussions lol 

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Wow!  What a crappy lineup; I'm surprised they got as far as they did last year.

Pull-Yur-Yah-Yah will drag the McDavid line down and Kane will be a distraction more than anything.

Ryan Hopkins is so soft and Nurse is a joke, especially at his cap percentage.

Goaltending is less than AHL-Level.

None of them are going to enjoy playing the new grittier Canucks.

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Cheers 1

Just now, CanuckRookieFan said:

McDavid was just quoted as "hungry for tonight's game" , dude is waiting to feast and those words don't bring us Canuck fans much confidence for the opener. 

Bah!

He's probably still hungry for some more of that 'strange' he picked up out on the town.

McDavid's goin' DOWN!