The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferraro leaves TSN

Rate this topic

sonoman

On 10/12/2022 at 9:35 PM, kanucks25 said:

He was never anti Canucks, he just calls it like it is.

He was negative over Benning's tenure because it was mostly a tire fire. It's his job to analyze what he sees, not pander to insecure fanbases.

Yeah he was telling the Canucks to rebuild as early as anyone. Some people here just didn't want to hear it

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 2:20 PM, Goal:thecup said:

Definitely anti-Canuck before his wife was hired by JR though King.

He was an excellent analyst v/v hockey but just ground the Nux every chance he got.

Saying our team was trash when the team was trash isn’t anti-Canuck.  That is the same as the sad sacks here who get all bent out of shape when media give pre-season projections of the Canucks missing the playoffs.  The fact that those predictions keep turning out to be right seems lost on folks… because they are convinced the media treats us unfairly.

Definitely anti-Benning by the end but that was well earned and shared by every non homer.

Even his radio hits he always made it clear the Canucks were a team he would want to join in some sort of front office capacity.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

On 10/12/2022 at 12:35 PM, kanucks25 said:

He was never anti Canucks, he just calls it like it is.

He was negative over Benning's tenure because it was mostly a tire fire. It's his job to analyze what he sees, not pander to insecure fanbases.

Well said and I got the samething from his interviews.  Hopefully, with Cammi in the FO, they can tie what Francesco & JB created ???

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Ray would be great as our radio colour guy.  

the only thing Ray should be colouring in BC is a place mat at White Spot. 

He'd be way too negative. But maybe a lot of our market would like that.

Edited by JM_
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, JM_ said:

the only thing Ray should be colouring in BC is a place mat at White Spot. 

He'd be way too negative. But maybe a lot of our market would like that.

I can't say he was wrong especially about the Canucks. He didn't get the Roussel and Beagle signings and it did turn out to hurt the Canucks cap wise 

I remember he said he didn't see Virtanen as a top 6 player and saw him more as Jannik Hansen. People here ripped on him. Funny enough he was also wrong but I bet people here would have been happy if Virtanen ended up being as good as Virtanen instead of what he turned out. 

3 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

I can't say he was wrong especially about the Canucks. He didn't get the Roussel and Beagle signings and it did turn out to hurt the Canucks cap wise 

I remember he said he didn't see Virtanen as a top 6 player and saw him more as Jannik Hansen. People here ripped on him. Funny enough he was also wrong but I bet people here would have been happy if Virtanen ended up being as good as Virtanen instead of what he turned out. 

its not so much what Ray says, its his angry little delivery that bothers me. He's like the smallest guy at the bar who won't shut up.