Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Captain swap with CBJ


Recommended Posts

Trade:

 

to CBJ: Bo Horvat, Travis Dermott, A. McDonogh

 

to Van: Boone Jenner, Vladislav Gavrikov

 

jenner’s 3.75 million cap hit fits in much better with Vans cap structure, and he actually scores nearly identical numbers to Bo 5v5 (Bo gets a few more assists). 
 

gavrikov is the real prize here. Top 4 caliber D with size and mobility and good puck skills. Comparable in terms of overall impact and skill to OEL but will come in much cheaper on an extension (probably under $5 million AAV). 
 

canucks give up Dermott and a prospect to help offset the value and positional loss for CBJ

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’d do this in a heartbeat. Not sure if Columbus will be wanting to do this though as he’s an upcoming UFA. But value wise, it’s an equal deal for both sides. Horvat could become their top line center alongside Laine and Gaudreau.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

You’ve outlined why Vancouver should do it. But why the hell would Columbus?  Jenner produces almost as much but is signed for 4 years at an affordable cap hit. Horvat is a pending UFA.  

Then.. add more sweetners!! Bo + Rathbone + Klimovich for Jenner 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At face value, Columbus looks like the perfect trading partner for the Canucks until you look a little closer.

 

Obviously the Nucks would want a 3C and preferably an RD in return for Bo.  The Blue Jackets have huge

# of C's on their roster.  The problem is that Jenner and Kuraly have M-NTC; so it's debatable whether either

would approve the trade.  Roslovic is paid too much $ for a 3C and is a hometown/drafted Jacket.  Johnson

and Sillinger are their future are the future 1 + 2 Cs.  I would think the Jackets will stay the course until

their young guys can move up the lineup.

 

I don't think it would benefit the Jackets to trade for Bo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

Trade:

 

to CBJ: Bo Horvat, Travis Dermott, A. McDonogh

 

to Van: Boone Jenner, Vladislav Gavrikov

 

jenner’s 3.75 million cap hit fits in much better with Vans cap structure, and he actually scores nearly identical numbers to Bo 5v5 (Bo gets a few more assists). 
 

gavrikov is the real prize here. Top 4 caliber D with size and mobility and good puck skills. Comparable in terms of overall impact and skill to OEL but will come in much cheaper on an extension (probably under $5 million AAV). 
 

canucks give up Dermott and a prospect to help offset the value and positional loss for CBJ

dude you love Gavrikov, you always posting about him

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Or they could just keep their signed captain and his cap certainty instead of getting a pending UFA and a couple mid level prospects 

Did you just say Rathbone and Klimovich are mid level prospects?? what an insult to JB.... Rathbone is gonna be our Hughes #2... and Klim is gonna do better than Podz... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Did you just say Rathbone and Klimovich are mid level prospects?? what an insult to JB.... Rathbone is gonna be our Hughes #2... and Klim is gonna do better than Podz... 

Just because they’re Vancouvers best prospects (outside Lekkerimaki) doesn’t mean they’re blue chip prospects.  
 

Rathbone is rated 68th best nhl affiliated prospect by THW.   He was rated 48th this spring by TSN but has been bumped down the list due to the most recent draft.  Klimovich doesn’t make the top 100 in either case.  They’re both good prospects but neither is a blue chip/can’t miss guy. 
 

Also, consider the fact that Vancouver has a very weak prospect pool now that Hughes and Pettersson have graduated (rated 26th by THW) while Columbus has a pretty strong  group of prospects. (Rated 6th). 

Edited by qwijibo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, qwijibo said:

You’ve outlined why Vancouver should do it. But why the hell would Columbus?  Jenner produces almost as much but is signed for 4 years at an affordable cap hit. Horvat is a pending UFA.  

They produce similar 5v5 (Bo a bit more). Bo is far better PP and 3v3 player. Plus 2 years younger. CBJ needs a Bo Horvat player more than Van does

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The_Rocket said:

They produce similar 5v5 (Bo a bit more). Bo is far better PP and 3v3 player. Plus 2 years younger. CBJ needs a Bo Horvat player more than Van does

And Jenner is signed to a very team friendly deal for 4 seasons while Horvat is a pending UFA.  The slight upgrade likely isn’t worth the risk to  Columbus 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

You are probably looking at Bo, Rathbone, and probably a 2nd.

You want Jenner you are going to have to overpay.

Sure his cap hit is good, but Horvat is by far the better and more consistent player.   I remember Jenner was supposed to be something special, and in a way he's turned into that...and no Horvat isn't worth twice Jenner but he's likely going to be paid close to that.   Jenner for 4 more years instead of Horvat works as far as creating a 3rd line checking line.   To me Horvat for sure is the better player, the only difference is one is signed for four years at a nice cap hit.    To me he's a solid 3rd line C being paid accordingly, nothing more nothing less.   Horvat is a 27-30ish best center in the league though.   Good for his 25/25 year after year as a baseline until he's also 32/33 like when Jenner (29 now), four year deal is up.    Sign Horvat to a reasonable deal, and all sorts of doors open up. 

Edited by IBatch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, qwijibo said:

And Jenner is signed to a very team friendly deal for 4 seasons while Horvat is a pending UFA.  The slight upgrade likely isn’t worth the risk to  Columbus 

I wouldn't call this a "slight upgrade".   Horvat came into this league at 18 because he was capable in the dot, and was strong enough.    And by year 3 was playing against and relied to play against the best in the world, during a rebuild.   And managed 6 plus 20 goal despite that.    CLB ... well Jenner isn't a big name is he.   Maybe with Gaudreau and Laine (when he's back) .... maybe he has a couple nice seasons.    Wonder what Horvat would manage with the same circumstances.    LE and Pearson being his most common line mates during his career so far lol...one season of Bear and Brock.    Things are about to change on that front.     Once Horvat has a new deal, and as long as it's reasonable, his trade value skyrockets (until his clauses kick in anyways...)

Edited by IBatch
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, qwijibo said:

And Jenner is signed to a very team friendly deal for 4 seasons while Horvat is a pending UFA.  The slight upgrade likely isn’t worth the risk to  Columbus 

Outside of Kent Johnson (who is still a prospect), CBJ does not have a surefire top 6 C. This gives them one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...