The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flyers VS Canucks Oct 15/22 1PM PST TV: ESPN+, SNP and NBCS-PH

Rate this topic

Bad_BOI_pete

6 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Who was in the doghouse the most last game? Is a time out required?

plane-airplane.gif

thanks to you, I've just learned that while sitting on a jet engine in my swim trunks at 1,000ft, the key to not getting sucked into the engine and turning myself into Chuck Norris' morning smoothie, is to curl my toes !

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chon derry said:

image.jpeg

You're not kidding.
There was that one time I came home without underwear on after a long day harvesting flower bulbs in the dust of a blistering 100* day ....
(this was wayyyyy before the Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2019) 

2 minutes ago, fecklund said:

You're not kidding.
There was that one time I came home without underwear on after a long day harvesting flower bulbs in the dust of a blistering 100* day ....
(this was wayyyyy before the Great Toilet Paper Shortage of 2019) 

Oh man back in my university days I was walking home from the bus stop in E. Van and had to poop soooo bad, it was an excruciating 10 minute walk. I made it to the front door of my rented suite (HALLELUJA!) with seconds to spare only to find... it was locked and I couldn't find my damn key. There was nothing I could do but waddle around to the side of the house behind a bush, drop my drawers, and let 'er loose right there on the lawn. A little later that day the older fellow I was renting from stopped buy to do some work in the yard and came across my steaming pile and swore to himself "that must have been one huge dog who took a shit in my yard".

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

Oh man back in my university days I was walking home from the bus stop in E. Van and had to poop soooo bad, it was an excruciating 10 minute walk. I made it to the front door of my rented suite (HALLELUJA!) with seconds to spare only to find... it was locked and I couldn't find my damn key. There was nothing I could do but waddle around to the side of the house behind a bush, drop my drawers, and let 'er loose right there on the lawn. A little later that day the older fellow I was renting from stopped buy to do some work in the yard and came across my steaming pile and swore to himself "that must have been one huge dog who took a shit in my yard".

This is how, after 20-ish years of hanging around in here, I've been able to avoid any further bans.
Get other people to talk sh%! for me

giphy.gif

16 hours ago, 6of1_halfdozenofother said:

Not sure if this was covered in the GDT/PGT for the last (first) game, but Sportsnet needs to work on their computer graphics skillz to prevent the rink boards from looking like a schizoid cat is fighting a dog on crack when players are approaching the boards or opening the door to their bench.  It's bad enough that they're attempting to "project" advertising that isn't really there in the rink onto inanimate objects like the boards and the glass/netting, but it gets very amateurish if they can't even get the projections to stay stable during broadcasts.

And don't get me started on the inconsistent ads "projected" between different camera angles... :rolleyes:

This is not a Sportsnet issue. The NHL controls and inserts the graphics over the Sportsnet (or whoever) feed..

They've had two days off, on the road bonding as a team, Boudreau figuring out how to fix last game. I'm sure Miller and Co aren't happy starting the season with a Loss to EDM. They know they can't have a slow start and fall behind in the standings.

This PHI team is ripe for the picking. I think the Canucks should win this one convincingly, but if they don't and actually lose, I might be a bit concerned. They have to win the games they're supposed to win. On paper, they should win this game. So go do it. 

• Upvote 1