The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall Noah Juulsen, reassign Sheldon Dries to Abbotsford

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

I’m worried for Poolman with this move. It’s reminding me of when Ferland tried to comeback after his last concussion. He played 1 game, and then only the first period of the next game. Really hope Poolman’s doing alright, and it’s not his concussion symptoms coming back. 

Has Poolman got concussion issues?  I thought it was migraine headaches

7 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

I’m worried for Poolman with this move. It’s reminding me of when Ferland tried to comeback after his last concussion. He played 1 game, and then only the first period of the next game. Really hope Poolman’s doing alright, and it’s not his concussion symptoms coming back. 

Poolman will be the last, of the JB signing that will go to LTIR, when Ferlands' contract runs out.  I wish him all the best.  Perhaps, in three years he makes a comeback with another team but right now, he has a chance to get better...

15 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

Has Poolman got concussion issues?  I thought it was migraine headaches

22 minutes ago, HC20.0 said:

I’m worried for Poolman with this move....

Migraines can be a post-concussion symptom. In this case, that appears likely. In any case, there is some neurological problem that is probably due to taking hits to the head at some point and now can be triggered just by "normal" in-game contact. 

Not looking good for Poolman. Even if he feels "pretty good" today he should be probably go on LTIR, maybe for the season. Looks like Ferland all over again.

As for Juulsen, although he is a RD, it is not obvious he plays right away.  I would put Rathbone in and let one of the lefties play on the right side.

• Vintage 1

1 hour ago, HC20.0 said:

I think it's time for Poolman to start thinking about his quality of life after hockey.  I'd like to see him back from a hockey point of view but I hope he makes the right choice for him and his loved ones.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

27 minutes ago, x00x said:

poolman always hurt, best to leave him on LTIR so we can have more cap space...dude has hardly played for us lol

1 hour ago, JamesB said:

Migraines can be a post-concussion symptom. In this case, that appears likely. In any case, there is some neurological problem that is probably due to taking hits to the head at some point and now can be triggered just by "normal" in-game contact. 

Not looking good for Poolman. Even if he feels "pretty good" today he should be probably go on LTIR, maybe for the season. Looks like Ferland all over again.

As for Juulsen, although he is a RD, it is not obvious he plays right away.  I would put Rathbone in and let one of the lefties play on the right side.

Poolman has 5 years of pro under his belt and he's averaged about 40 games per season.  It sounds like he's been dealing with this for some time

• Vintage 1

2 hours ago, HC20.0 said:

Thing is too, the last 2 pre-season games, and the first game, he was playing solid, for the most part. Too bad. 

Let's hope for his own sake, he's going to be alright.