The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poll - Which meltdown has been more spectacular this month?

Rate this topic

Provost

2 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

What happened to the good start that they were going to have?  That they had to have?

they still could have. I'm a big believer in the "US Thanksgiving" theory of playoff success. Thats the drop dead date imo. If we're under .500 by then, blow this mo-fo up and tank. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JM_ said:

they still could have. I'm a big believer in the "US Thanksgiving" theory of playoff success. Thats the drop dead date imo. If we're under .500 by then, blow this mo-fo up and tank. 

8 in a row would be spot on but lightning doesn't strike the same spot twice.  I really hope that Saturday's home opener goes well because they're tempting fate by having a beer garden.  :picard:

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

What happened to the good start that they were going to have?  That they had to have?

What do you mean? They have had 4 excellent starts.

Unfortunately, 4 crushing endings. 

Good thing is we aren't mathematically eliminated yet. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

So a team can blow a multiple goal lead 4 times in a row for the first time in this history of the NHL, but if fans are upset they are fickle? If any fan right now isn't livid with the pathetic performance of this team 4 games in, they need to greatly raise their standards of the this team.... or go cheer for Arizona. 

I don't agree.

If ever I get "livid" over this deal I'll check myself out....I do this for enjoyment. I do get upset with the refs mind you...but I recover quickly.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, HKSR said:

RIGHT?!  I was saving LOTR until after I finished up with House of the Dragon!

Yeah kinda ruined my mood. I just started LOTR cause I been oversaturated with brooding and negativity from years of House of the Dragon, Attack on Titan, Game of Thrones and the Walking Dead. LOTR was a nice touch of less edgy television. Now it's been soiled. Enter Spongebob meme.

• Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

I presume that this is the prelude to your annual "the Canucks are already mathematically eliminated from the postseason" post.

C'mon Partner.  Put that post out there before we are 10 games in.  I dare you. Make you look like a hero. Lol.

Are you already whinging about nonsense?  Yikes.

I will continue to believe in math and objective reality.  

If the team isn’t at least at .500 hockey or is not right near the playoff bar by American Thanksgiving and their odds have dropped to below 20% to make the post season… don’t worry, I will again create a thread giving regular factual updates on their chances.

Clearly you will regularly hold your breath and stamp your feet about it… then get really loud and start name calling when they win a couple games because you feel vindicated… then really quiet when they lose a few games… then disappear completely from the thread when the team again follows the odds and doesn’t make the playoffs.

We could just dispense with all that and you could scroll on by if you don’t understand math.

If you want someone to make you feel better because you are sad… at least the odds say that if they keep going down to under 20% chance to make the playoffs odds are eventually they will actually make it.

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I want Hansen behind the bench. He'd be what Walker was, a pragmatic influence. 

We need somebody the players can respect. COACH B

has to hand pick his guys.

Something needs to be done.  Yeo has a track record of being an absolute cancer in the room; he should never have been hired and management needs to get rid of him now before we have another Green situation.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I want Hansen behind the bench. He'd be what Walker was, a pragmatic influence. 

We need somebody the players can respect. COACH B

has to hand pick his guys.

His radio hits were actually stunningly good.

Lots of ex players like Bieksa, Kesler, etc only talk about things from a player perspective and don’t really seem to have a full grasp outside that.

Hansen really had in depth takes about the salary cap, systems, constructing a roster, etc.

I would take on Hansen in a front office role in a heartbeat.  

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Hey now, there could be playoff straw too let's not discount the possibility 

If we lose all our games this year after holding multi point leads, does Boeser still get a participation trophy?

Mtg Ballsack Trophy GIF - Mtg Ballsack Trophy GIFs

(P.S.: read the inscription on the trophy !)

Edited by RU SERIOUS

3 hours ago, Provost said:

Are you already whinging about nonsense?  Yikes.

I will continue to believe in math and objective reality.  

If the team isn’t at least at .500 hockey or is not right near the playoff bar by American Thanksgiving and their odds have dropped to below 20% to make the post season… don’t worry, I will again create a thread giving regular factual updates on their chances.

Clearly you will regularly hold your breath and stamp your feet about it… then get really loud and start name calling when they win a couple games because you feel vindicated… then really quiet when they lose a few games… then disappear completely from the thread when the team again follows the odds and doesn’t make the playoffs.

We could just dispense with all that and you could scroll on by if you don’t understand math.

If you want someone to make you feel better because you are sad… at least the odds say that if they keep going down to under 20% chance to make the playoffs odds are eventually they will actually make it.

Let me be clear. I think your annually trying to be the first to  call out the fact that the team is a loser and is out of the playoffs is offside.  I think anybody who wants to make a name for themselves by doing that is a loser. I think the fact that you make a habit of doing it every year in order to feed your ego is obnoxious.

There you go partner.  Hope that is clear so you don't need to wonder about it.

When you going to do it this year buddy? Huh?

When you going to post your Canucks are out of it post in order to make yourself feel like a winner? Before 10 games?

• Vintage 1