The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Poll - Which meltdown has been more spectacular this month?

Rate this topic

Provost

I shit you not… this was the result that came up when I ran this for a gag just to post us getting the top pick and getting a Canucks fan in Bedard.

This is absolutely how it would pan out.  Not only would we drop as far as possible… but Edmonton gets another 1st overall.

8DAF883A-DEF7-4EBB-9383-BB40E5C6B317.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

46 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

Let me be clear. I think your annually trying to be the first to  call out the fact that the team is a loser and is out of the playoffs is offside.  I think anybody who wants to make a name for themselves by doing that is a loser. I think the fact that you make a habit of doing it every year in order to feed your ego is obnoxious.

There you go partner.  Hope that is clear so you don't need to wonder about it.

When you going to do it this year buddy? Huh?

When you going to post your Canucks are out of it post in order to make yourself feel like a winner? Before 10 games?

Sorry that math is hard for you man.  I never wondered about your lack of understanding… it has been pretty clear.  Don’t you get tired of yelling and screaming, being abusive about stuff you are always wrong about?

Go take a walk or something to find some joy.

Some folks actually want the team to improve and actually win a Cup.  Accepting when it starts to be looking at how to actually make the team better in the future when a season’s playoff and Cup hopes are very slim is the opposite of what you yell about.  It is being positive and discussing how that could look.

Many folks get that, you don’t.  Like I said… you can just scroll by and not spend your time being abusive and name calling if someone literally posting the factual playoff odds makes you too sad.

The math starts mattering at the 20 game mark… so the nonsense you keep posting about where we are in less than 10 games played is just more lack of awareness of how the odds work.

Edited by Provost

6 minutes ago, CaptKirk888 said:

D3034584-A9AA-47A6-B7C2-A54CF4121FA5.jpeg

Don’t worry little buddy!  

We could reel off four wins in a row and be right back in the mix for a wildcard spot!  

No need to fall apart for a few weeks still. :D

Edited by Provost

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

Sorry that math is hard for you man.  I never wondered about your lack of understanding… it has been pretty clear.  Don’t you get tired of yelling and screaming, being abusive about stuff you are always wrong about?

Go take a walk or something to find some joy.

Some folks actually want the team to improve and actually win a Cup.  Accepting when it starts to be looking at how to actually make the team better in the future when a season’s playoff and Cup hopes are very slim is the opposite of what you yell about.  It is being positive and discussing how that could look.

Many folks get that, you don’t.  Like I said… you can just scroll by and not spend your time being abusive and name calling if someone literally posting the factual playoff odds makes you too sad.

The math starts mattering at the 20 game mark… so the nonsense you keep posting about where we are in less than 10 games played is just more lack of awareness of how the odds work.

You don't get it.  You are posting for your own ego and the rest of us think it stinks.  

• Sad 1
  • Vintage 1

12 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

You don't get it.  You are posting for your own ego and the rest of us think it stinks.  

Ego - says the guy who has self appointed himself as spokesman for the rest of the world and claims to be able to literally read minds…

Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

10 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Probably sedin26, it's the last straw until the next last straw

Where does all this straw keep coming from

What a trooper 

I think sedin26 is confused.  Henrik wore 33 and Daniel wore 22.  So not sure where the 26 is coming from, which may be this poster's biggest problem...

• Huggy Bear 1

11 hours ago, Rubik said:

heyyy... how about some spoiler alert?

Option W, wait until we start to click and play like a real team and not take bad penalties or did everyone miss that part?!

String together a bunch of wins and option B for bandwagon.. 

I hope the team meeting was about F the fans and media and just keep playing and it will come, we never got blown out in any game by any wide margin like a bottom team would.

No they did not, stumbling a bit out of the gate is normal when you add roster players and get injuries to key players that certainly didn't help either. 

This isn't like last year, or anywhere near it. Patience (as much I hate that word) lol 

We'll be fine ffs.. panic much?! 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

13 hours ago, Shayster007 said:

So a team can blow a multiple goal lead 4 times in a row for the first time in this history of the NHL, but if fans are upset they are fickle? If any fan right now isn't livid with the pathetic performance of this team 4 games in, they need to greatly raise their standards of the this team.... or go cheer for Arizona. 

Livid is a strong word.   How about annoyed?  We can't let this "crush" our spirits and go to ARI.   Bruce will sort us out.   Myers is back, Ilya M is good.  Kuzmo is good too.  Burroughs looks like he could be found money .... Rathbone who?  And he plays the right side.   This the Canucks!  Acting like the Canucks.    Used to it, nothing to see here, let's move on.   Not like Keenan just arrived, or Brashear got his brains smashed in, or Bertuzzi pulled a cowardly dastardly deed or something.   Just another moment - we've had tons of them.   Gretzky waiting a half dozen games just to score on his favourite whipping boy, the Canucks goalies with Howe following him game after game, to score that 802nd goal lol.   Salo ... comes in our winning percentage goes up significantly,  Salo goes down same ... back and forth for years lol.   Sundin!  What the heck was MG thinking!   Almost destroyed our team right away (dodged a bullet there).     Cloutier.   Let's save the livid for something more deserving.  

3 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Option W, wait until we start to click and play like a real team and not take bad penalties or did everyone miss that part?!

I hope the team meeting was about F the fans and media and just keep playing and it will come, we never got blown out in any game by any wide margin like a bottom team would.

No they did not, stumbling a bit out of the gate is normal when you add roster players and get injuries to key players that certainly didn't help either. 

This isn't like last year, or anywhere near it. Patience (as much I hate that word) lol 

Iceman speakith the truth...Bandwaggoners come back later. It's fine to be frustrated.  Fandom comes with all types.   But let's be a little pragmatic.   The first 17 games were always going to be tough ... 11 road games, back-backs, several time zones etc.   It's not "making excuses" blah blah blah.   Teams need support not constant whining when things don't go our way.   Some nice things and some crap things...let's give them 20 games anyways ...

6 hours ago, iceman64 said:

You did read the actual post right?  It doesn’t appear so.

It has nothing to do with how the season might play out in the future or fan expectations and is referencing the meltdowns that have already happened in reality the first four games with a record for blown multi goal leads.

No need to go off on random rant or who you think are “real” fans or not.  Even the players are calling those games dogshit so no need to play white knight.  Recognizing bad games isn’t panicking.

7 hours ago, iceman64 said:

This isn't like last year, or anywhere near it.

correct, so far it is worse.

They had one more victory last year, by this time.

Even with a win tonight, they would still be behind last season's pace.

2 wins 3 losses last year, best they can do after 5 this season is 1 win 1 tie/loser point and 3 losses.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Provost said:

You did read the actual post right?  It doesn’t appear so.

It has nothing to do with how the season might play out in the future or fan expectations and is referencing the meltdowns that have already happened in reality the first four games with a record for blown multi goal leads.

No need to go off on random rant or who you think are “real” fans or not.  Even the players are calling those games dogshit so no need to play white knight.  Recognizing bad games isn’t panicking.

Yeah one more loss and we should ask aquaman to sell the team...

No I'm just a lil tired of overly whiny people at 4 games in...