The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday Oct 20/22 Vancouver Canucks (0-3-1) @ Minnesota Wild (0-3) at Xcel Energy Center 5:00pm PT SN360 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Definitely.

I certainly wouldn’t say Demko has been the problem this season, but he also hasn’t yet played to his full ability.

By the numbers, he’s yet to really provide a quality start for the Canucks this season and his “goals saved above average” type stats are not good at all (he currently has the 2nd worst GSAA in the league, at all strengths, with 13 goals surrendered versus 8.11 expected goals).

Demko is a talented enough netminder that he can (and should) steal some games for this team (even if nothing else changes, and some of the struggling players in front of him continue to **** the bed). 

At his best, Demmer has the ability to win games singlehandedly.

While I’d certainly prefer to see a whole team effort where the guys in front of him play well enough to ensure victory, regardless of quality of the goaltending, a heroic effort by Demko (not gonna jinx things and say the “S-word”) could really give this team a lift, and their first win on the season.

Thing is when you keep piling unfair responsibility on a player, especially a second year starter, they will eventually crumble. Banking on Demko to provide Vezina level goaltending while not addressing the defence in any reasonable fashion is a recipe for disaster. I'm not surprised by this in the least.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I'd prefer the press box until he decides to stop floating.

I wouldn’t mind that either but I don’t think anyone wants to upset the “alpha dog” on the team, lol. I’d give JT a few more games to get his sh*t together but if he continues to be careless with (and without) the puck I would give him at least a little holiday from the centre position. I think the prevailing thinking was JT would transition to the wing as he aged out….who knew this process might be happening 4 games into his new mega contract! 

Ah, the travails of Canuck fandom. 

3 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I wouldn’t mind that either but I don’t think anyone wants to upset the “alpha dog” on the team, lol. I’d give JT a few more games to get his sh*t together but if he continues to be careless with (and without) the puck I would give him at least a little holiday from the centre position. I think the prevailing thinking was JT would transition to the wing as he aged out….who knew this process might be happening 4 games into his new mega contract! 

Ah, the travails of Canuck fandom. 

A year from now, 4 games into his new mega contract.

I think JT has no place on the PK and no place in OT 3 on 3; too slow, stays in the O zone too long and is prone to the bad pass to the other team.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Bruce on Hogz: He’s playing good, I like the way he’s playing, but I’m scratching him.

Bruce is flailing here and its not great to see.

Bruce knows that the first change will be his firing. I don't have a lot of confidence they'll make a big trade.