The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday Oct 20/22 Vancouver Canucks (0-3-1) @ Minnesota Wild (0-3) at Xcel Energy Center 5:00pm PT SN360 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

9 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

I wouldn’t mind that either but I don’t think anyone wants to upset the “alpha dog” on the team, lol. I’d give JT a few more games to get his sh*t together but if he continues to be careless with (and without) the puck I would give him at least a little holiday from the centre position. I think the prevailing thinking was JT would transition to the wing as he aged out….who knew this process might be happening 4 games into his new mega contract! 

Ah, the travails of Canuck fandom. 

Holding him accountable helps with the rest of the team though.  If he can't handle it, we have bigger problems on our hands.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

A year from now, 4 games into his new mega contract.

I think JT has no place on the PK and no place in OT 3 on 3; too slow, stays in the O zone too long and is prone to the bad pass to the other team.

PK I agree. 3 on 3 I think he still deserves time there, but I’m open to changing my mind on that.

Look, Bo broke out of his lacklustre play with a great performance and JT is just as capable of doing so. I hope it happens and with Bo I hope that last game will be more representative of his form moving forward.

Not sure I’ve ever put as much stock into Game 5 of a regular season as I am tonight. Must watch TV. 

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

First 3 lines are nice but we're missing the Motto line..

Don't get why they didn't qualify Highmore and Lammiko around league minimum..

Motte - Lammiko - Highmore or even Highmore - Lammiko - Lazar would be a nice

4th line that can pk and take on some tough minutes.. Aman could've stayed 1 more

year in the AHL, and Joshua is useless so far (and per cap friendly weighs less than 

Highmore 188 or Motte 192 as he's listed at 183..)

Almost sure having a 4th line like that would have won us at least 2/4 so far..

We either need a 4th line that can take over some shutdown minutes or a 3rd line

shutdown centre (something like Sutter or Bonino in their prime)

8 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Agreed!! I still haven't seen Joshua play with physicality on a consistent basis... that's what we signed him to a one-way contract for!!

He appears to be yet again one of those "big guys" that are friendly giants. It's funny because a lot of those guys would be in the NHL on a regular basis if they just understood their assignment properly. Hit and then fight when called upon. Not that hard you play maybe 8 minutes a night

• Cheers 1

The who-gets-benched talk is fine and all but the most straightforward path to a win in this game is a return of vintage Demko. Not sure he’s made an appearance as of yet. And yes, I realize he’s been left hanging out to dry far too often. But he’s talented enough to overcome that to a degree.

4 minutes ago, Sophomore Jinx said:

I hope they don't trade Gar to shore up D needs, but I understand help has to be acquired from somewhere...but he's just such a dynamic, and dogged 'lil, culture-carrying Corsi hound.

I was onboard to trade Garland before, but after watching him this season, he's been one of the grittiest, fastest, skilled players out there, always creating scoring chances and drawing penalties. He's got a good cap hit too and some term. Won't back down from anyone.

Got a feeling they may move on from Kuzmenko, actually. I wonder if he's part of the problem in the room. Just a hunch. 

• Cheers 1