The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thursday Oct 20/22 Vancouver Canucks (0-3-1) @ Minnesota Wild (0-3) at Xcel Energy Center 5:00pm PT SN360 SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

Miller will start to wake up in a few games.

His career doesn't show him having long stretches in the doghouse.

Complete stupidity to start talking about trading him or waiving him... just moronic.

Boeser may be lost cause... but he is still tradebait which could bring a decent return.

I'll bet if he went to Minny he'd start scoring by the bucketful.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Miller at least scores a goal and hits sometimes, Boeser cant even get the puck or shoot. Even Joshua is better than Boeser

Boeser has been awful.

not dangerous at all 

hasn’t stood out to me for anything positive at all

and I’m one who’s always been in his corner. Im unsure retry disappointed and think he should be scratched at this point 

2 minutes ago, RayCathode said:

Putting two guys out three on three who have trouble carrying their money around is not a good plan - that is on Boudreau.

Should trade both Miller and Boeser while they are still recognized names around the league. Will clear cap space and our goals against would go down 100% probably:emot-parrot:

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

5 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

All you morons who want to blow up the team are the same morons we always see.

What the team needs are a couple more D.

What management f*cked up in was not acquiring those pieces.

Instead they got a pricey forward from free agency in Mikheyev.

Team doesn't need forwards, it needs a solid 3-4 D and a solid 5-6 D.

A few D isn't gonna change a fking thing. This team is so god damn fragile. 

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Miller will start to wake up in a few games.

His career doesn't show him having long stretches in the doghouse.

Boeser may be lost cause... but he is still tradebait which could bring a decent return.

I'll bet if he went to Minny he'd start scoring by the bucketful.

The only way to move Boeser is by throwing in somebody useful - maybe if we throw in Hughes and Petey someone will take him, but boeser is Horvat's best argument for getting a raise.

5 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Yet they had enough cap space to sign all these forwards innsummer and extend Miller too but for defense they dont have cap space. They could have easily gotten a D in the summer either through a trade or free agency. 

They can’t make it happen “now” … I was commenting on the guy saying don’t blow it up… just find D to fix it.  There isn’t a magic way to do that.

If you look at my posts for a long time I was one of few voices saying to trade Miller and extending him was a bad idea because the team wasn’t ready to contend in his prime age window.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Doxm said:

A few D isn't gonna change a fking thing. This team is so god damn fragile. 

A few D will, look at Myers play  look at all the AHL caliber D on our team. If they cant execute and block shots  then dont expect them to play like a playoff caliber team. Lack of execution maybe excuseable for a game or 2 but not losing 5 games straight, having putrid PK and poor coverage while blowing up leads. And even last year we had problems with defense. Anyone that thinks the defense is fine needs a reality check. When you have poor D, leads to breakaways and poor coverage and then leads into goals against. And then that will just deflate the team to the point where we seem "fragile". Kill of that Minny PK and we would win in regulation is easily. Its not just execution, we just dont have the defensive players on defense and forward group. Too many soft players and not enough gritty two way players or ones like Lazar who dives to block a shot. 

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

They can’t make it happen “now” … I was commenting on the guy saying don’t blow it up… just find D to fix it.  There isn’t a magic way to do that.

If you look at my posts for a long time I was one of few voices saying to trade Miller and extending him was a bad idea because the team wasn’t ready to contend in his prime age window.

Allvin should have traded him to Rags for Chytil, Lunkvist, 1st and a prospect. They were stuck trying to get schneider but that package was not that bad at all. Would have also made cap space for Klingberg, 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

There is also the fact the team has no confidence right now.

You can see when they hit the 3rd period they are all gripping their sticks and holding their breaths.

Once they get a couple wins they will be a lot better.

Way too early to start panicking.

They are playing well in sections of the games, just no consistency.

They are showing good fluid movement offensively, Petey, Podz and some of the others are showing imagination.

Panic if the losing streak hits 10 games.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*