The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Oct. 20, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

And we had cap this year that we decided to use poorly; BB's 6.65m would have easily obtained Manson services. Overpay..yes, but required

so... the choice there was not to QO Brock and he walks for free. Is that really good asset management? 

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Would it have been a step back though? 

Say all we did was move Miller and one of Boeser/Garland, still got the two Russians etc while using that cap space and assets to add two of Marino/Hague/Chychrun (or similar). Are we REALLY all that far back?

ESPECIALLY from what we've seen so far this year? Hell, we might actually be ahead from what we've got out of Miller so far this year.

I think when you look at who was the primary point producer, yes its easy to look at it as a step back.

But time will tell. All the hair on fire stuff today is kind of funny, there is time to see what this team is or isn't, and to make major moves. 

Miller isn't any less tradable today than he was two months ago. Or Bo. Or Garland. Or Boeser. It can all still be re-jigged in a re-set or even a big blow up if need be. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Would it have been a step back though? 

Say all we did was move Miller and one of Boeser/Garland, still got the two Russians etc while using that cap space and assets to add two of Marino/Hague/Chychrun (or similar). Are we REALLY all that far back?

ESPECIALLY from what we've seen so far this year? Hell, we might actually be ahead from what we've got out of Miller so far this year.

And it wouldn't have taken both (Miller + Garland/Beoser) as we only needed one Dman. That is no step back, as the clown show is benching a top corsi players bc of the log jam in top 9.

• Cheers 2

15 hours ago, Podkolzins Snipe said:

This team is nowhere near as bad as the results have been there's just been too many things going against them.

Couple things that have bothered me is why Bruce B is sitting fast useful players like Garland and Hoglander when we have too many guys who lack speed and instead like Green they let Pearson play like complete garbage taking way too many penalties and then there's Boeser who has been absolutely useless skating around like a beer league player looking like he shouldnt even be in the league.

Next game I'd be sitting Pearson and after that Boeser 2 players that aren't bringing enough and worse hurting the team with their pathetic play.

Anyway I'm not doom and gloom  on this team I believe they'll turn this rough start around there's more than enough talent to do that and grab a playoff spot and i still believe in this group.

Definitely not going to be another whiny over the top dramatic clown fan like most right now exaggerating how bad this team is crying wherever they get their chance.

I partly blame and hate the media and their constant over the top dramatics which doesn't surprise me they're all huge soccer fans and hate how they get the embarrassing fans we unfortunately have acting like the world is coming to an end.

Far as I'm concerned if you're going to go overboard dumping on the whole team do a huge favor and go cheer for another team and don't come back.

It is pathetic that such a whiney over the top dramatic clown might write such exaggerated doom and gloom that is crying blame and overboard jumping on the media and other fans. The world is coming to an end

"Kettle, you are black" said pot

52 minutes ago, JM_ said:

didn't we spend 6 months proving how hard that is?

or they spent 6 months talking about how hard it would be to do, if they tried, then didn't try at all - and then started talking about how hard it is, acting like they did try and we all  somehow must have missed it. 

pantim-dog-in-circles.gif

Edited by fecklund
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

I wouldn't say he gets a pass, his play has been subpar too. But it's more an indictment on the team that he has to be at MVP-calibre for the team to have a chance at winning.

Vasilvesky, Binnington, Keumper, Francour all gave their teams mvp calibre goaltending on their runs.  

2 minutes ago, JM_ said:

so... the choice there was not to QO Brock and he walks for free. Is that really good asset management? 

Judging by his play so far and last year...coupled with a 3 year contract; yes. In reality, he should have been moved at the TDL last year; was contributing nothing for us. Now we have another JB contract that is not tradable unless you attach picks. Let's be honest; he is not unlucky nor just showing rust. He is SUPER slow and his shot is gone. He has been the worst fwd on the ice this year.

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Judging by his play so far and last year...coupled with a 3 year contract; yes. In reality, he should have been moved at the TDL last year; was contributing nothing for us. Now we have another JB contract that is not tradable unless you attach picks. Let's be honest; he is not unlucky nor just showing rust. He is SUPER slow and his shot is gone. He has been the worst fwd on the ice this year.

I mean it would have been a pretty ballsy move to let him walk. Thats not PA's personality, from what I've seen.

You would think we could move Brock for some kind of asset if need be, I don't believe he has negative value. 

I think it's time we see Rathbone, and hopefully he can shine. If he has even 50% of Hughes point production, he's an inch taller and 13 pounds heavier.

Maybe then we can trade Hughes and for sure get a great return. I know that sucks. But I'd like a bigger, faster, and smarter defence that can defend.

• There it is 1

8 minutes ago, fecklund said:

or they spent 6 months talking about how hard it would be to do, if they tried, then didn't try at all - and then started talking about how hard it is, acting like they did try and we all  somehow must have missed it. 

pantim-dog-in-circles.gif

Exactly! Look at the cards Calgary got dealt and how they ended up; a better team short term in my opinion. PA and JR dropped the ball this off season

• Upvote 2

Just now, BC_Hawk said:

Exactly! Look at the cards Calgary got dealt and how they ended up; a better team short term in my opinion. PA and JR dropped the ball this off season

If the best deal you got was a 2nd round pick, a centre and left handed defensive prospect would you have taken it, just to take the deal? It's quite possible that teams know Vancouver is in a bit of a jam, and don't feel like being charitable in giving up the farm for our players?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think it's time we see Rathbone, and hopefully he can shine. If he has even 50% of Hughes point production, he's an inch taller and 13 pounds heavier.

Maybe then we can trade Hughes and for sure get a great return. I know that sucks. But I'd like a bigger, faster, and smarter defence that can defend.

You know how that movie ends.

Hughes gets traded and wins a cup his first year there, while Rathbone turns into a perpetual waiver case before finally settling  down in some 2nd tier league in backwoods Germany. 

#cuhnuhx 

• Haha 1

Just now, fecklund said:

You know how that movie ends.

Hughes gets traded and wins a cup his first year there, while Rathbone turns into a perpetual waiver case before finally settling  down in some 2nd tier league in backwoods Germany. 

#cuhnuhx 

MAKE IT STOP! MAKE IT STOP! Lol.

• Haha 3