The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Minnesota Wild | Oct. 20, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

5 hours ago, ktcy2 said:

Lol. Please ….. Boeser has not done anything since 2020 and he is underrated? He literally is a fourth liner at this point and one that does not hit, can’t back check, no speed, can’t score. He had been a problem for many seasons now. I am sorry. He is the weakest link and must go. 

Lol 4th liner, k. Also, where in my post did I say underrated? I didn't, only you did. I said under valued, while replying to a post who was saying we would need to add a sweetner just to trade him. Literally a 4th liner, that's gold.

2 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Are you watching these games?  Are you seeing how ineffective and slow Boeser is out there?   Do you not see how badly hes bringing his linemates down?  Or how many of his mistakes are leading to turnovers? He was getting top line minutes with miller and he looked brutal. 

Missing preseason?  There isnt a player in nucks history who has more excuses made for him than boeser.

Your opinion on Boeser means so little to me I didn't read this, and still feel completely confident saying you're wrong.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Lol 4th liner, k. Also, where in my post did I say underrated? I didn't, only you did. I said under valued, while replying to a post who was saying we would need to add a sweetner just to trade him. Literally a 4th liner, that's gold.

Your opinion on Boeser means so little to me I didn't read this, and still feel completely confident saying you're wrong.

Bcuz youre in denial.  Youve had countless people here explain thoroughly how ineffective boeser is and you cant see it.  

10 minutes ago, EddieVedder said:

Bcuz youre in denial.  Youve had countless people here explain thoroughly how ineffective boeser is and you cant see it.  

What exactly don't I see? What statements about Boeser have I made are incorrect? I said he's 4th in scoring without pp1 time. He is, and that's true. I said he could be traded without having to add a sweetner to trade him. That is 100% true, and makes him undervalued to the poster I was referring to when they said we would need to add just to dump him. I scoffed at the idea of him being a 4th liner, rightfully so.

So please, tell me what I'm in about denial about? Because I wouldn't even entertain your 637th obviously bias Boeser take? That's on you, that's what happen when you constantly cry wolf.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, ktcy2 said:

Right??! Like I don’t get how people can’t see this?! It’s insane….. I mean he will pot one here or there but so did chaisson, beagle, Roussell….. the fact is Boeser is no longer that rookie Boeser due to injuries or whatever. It’s now a fact. There is no more hope. I don’t know how people can’t see this fact. It’s really beyond me. 

Even in hos rookie year he was given every opprtunity to pop them in and score.  We had no other wingers and no choice but to play him.    The team stunk back then, and lets be honest if boeser is in our top 6, we are not a good team. 

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

What exactly don't I see? What statements about Boeser have I made are incorrect? I said he's 4th in scoring without pp1 time. He is, and that's true. I said he could be traded without having to add a sweetner to trade him. That is 100% true, and makes him undervalued to the poster I was referring to when they said we would need to add just to dump him.

So please, tell me what I'm in about denial about? Because I wouldn't even entertain your 637th obviously bias Boeser take? That's on you, that's what happen when you constantly cry wolf.

I don't think you'd find anyone who doesn't think BB is a producer, though not at the level he gets credit for by some.  However, it's the rest of his game that is deficient, especially for the cap hit he brings with him.  That's my issue with BB

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I don't think you'd find anyone who doesn't think BB is a producer, though not at the level he gets credit for by some.  However, it's the rest of his game that is deficient, especially for the cap hit he brings with him.  That's my issue with BB

Sure? He's had good engagement years, but he's often a passenger. He clearly hasn't been engaged nearly enough this year. But I haven't made that argument since the year he was out best forward a couple back. I have only talked about how he is currently producing and has not played bad enough to be a cap dump.

But part of the reason I'm in this conversation is someone saying Boeser is no more then a 4th liner. That sounds like to me someone is arguing he doesn't produce to me.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

What exactly don't I see? What statements about Boeser have I made are incorrect? I said he's 4th in scoring without pp1 time. He is, and that's true. I said he could be traded without having to add a sweetner to trade him. That is 100% true, and makes him undervalued to the poster I was referring to when they said we would need to add just to dump him. I scoffed at the idea of him being a 4th liner, rightfully so.

No one is gonna touch Boeser with a ten foot pole. He has three years of a ridiculous contract that Alvin gave out for free. Boeser is a 4 million player at best at this point (even this is arguable and only based on history). 

10 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

No one is gonna touch Boeser with a ten foot pole. He has three years of a ridiculous contract that Alvin gave out for free. Boeser is a 4 million player at best at this point (even this is arguable and only based on history). 

4 points in 5 games, 260 points in 329 games. I think you're entirely wrong "no one is gonna touch him with a ten foot pole".

For fun, I took a quick search for the last 4 million dollar winger signed. Lawson Crouse, who's the same age, got a tad over 4 mil this summer. 350 games played, a little more then Boeser and only 113 points. Yes, a different type of player. But this is a point league, players value is often based around the points they get.

If Boeser had a 4 million dollar contract for his 260 points in 329 games, he would have a high value contract in the league.

Edited by Shayster007
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Boeser was given a chance to play top line with miller and he sh/t the bed. Another perfect example how boeser fans are in denial.

Kuz creates chances on his own. Boeser cant.  Kuz can skate with the puck and drive play. Boeser cant.  Kuz can skate well and pass the puck. Boeser cant.  Watch the games.

Kuzmenko is playing with Pettersson the best player on the team. Boeser

Hasn't had that opportunity. Kuzmenko has pp1 minutes, and since being on it we've scored exactly how many goals?

Boeser produces points. 

Sure he's not great in his zone but tell me how much better  Kuzmenko is back there?

I'll give Kuzmenko the benefit of the doubt because he's new to the league,  but I'm just not sure what he's done to get top mins. 

Kuzmenko is an undrafted 26 year old from the KHL and hasn't proven anything in the NHL, where as Boeser has been here since his rookie year had tons of injuries yet still gets points.

I want kuzmenko to be good but to me I think he's more of Gusev than an Artemi Panarin. I hope he proves me wrong but at this point,  Jason Dickinson has more points than Kuzmenko and plays in Chicago 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JM_ said:

gnome was a UFA tho, on a team with contending aspirations. The equivalent would have been to trade gnome in his last year with Cowgary. Not sure that kind of move would have been likely. 

now we are in agreement

but I said all that a couple of pages back.

Which is why I brought up Kadri, because Kadri and Gudreau and Calgary and Colo were in the same situation

Which is the same situation that allows GMs to trade picks and futures for rentals at the trade deadline

Thankfully Alvin didn't think he was in that position, although I do wonder about the usefulness of acquiring Dermot 

Given the state of Boeser's QO, Alvin did what he felt was making the best of a bad situation.

I, and a growing number of others disagree that that was the best move he could have made

As I mentioned earlier, Boeser has been paid his entire career on his potential, but year after year he has not lived up to that potential

Boeser is currently on a 0 goal pace

If he scores one goal next game, he will be on a 13 goal pace

if he scores 2 goals next game he will be on a 26 goal pace

he has hit the net on average once per game, so scoring a hattrick seems unlikely, but that is what he needs to justify his current pay scale

5 shots in 5 games, AND HE'S A SHOOTER

2 hours ago, lmm said:

now we are in agreement

but I said all that a couple of pages back.

Which is why I brought up Kadri, because Kadri and Gudreau and Calgary and Colo were in the same situation

Which is the same situation that allows GMs to trade picks and futures for rentals at the trade deadline

Thankfully Alvin didn't think he was in that position, although I do wonder about the usefulness of acquiring Dermot 

Given the state of Boeser's QO, Alvin did what he felt was making the best of a bad situation.

I, and a growing number of others disagree that that was the best move he could have made

As I mentioned earlier, Boeser has been paid his entire career on his potential, but year after year he has not lived up to that potential

Boeser is currently on a 0 goal pace

If he scores one goal next game, he will be on a 13 goal pace

if he scores 2 goals next game he will be on a 26 goal pace

he has hit the net on average once per game, so scoring a hattrick seems unlikely, but that is what he needs to justify his current pay scale

5 shots in 5 games, AND HE'S A SHOOTER

yeah in hindsight maybe we just should have kept the 3rd and drafted a RHD long shot prospect.... but maybe he'll be useful? dunno. 

I can see why JA did what he did with Brock, its hard to just walk away from an asset. We really need Brock to step up soon tho. 

18 hours ago, chon derry said:

The slight was directed at Miller while there’s an unintended compliment towards stecher and markstrome 

A66639F2-E323-4316-8859-ED31DEA4520B.jpeg

Never said I was right..or offended...I stand by my comment..totally incomparable..there are much better analogies to compliment players.

Edited by Redline

On 10/21/2022 at 6:57 AM, Attila Umbrus said:

I hope so too VM. But I’m concerned there is something rotten happening…I really don’t want to start rumours or kick up dirt that isn’t there. However, I’m worried about our ownership group and if the players have quit on them. With the allegations against Francesco from his family (bogus or not) it just seems to me our team has no heart right now…hard to give it your all if you have problems with the man that owns the team. The entire team including Bruce seem deflated, completely opposite from last year…JT being the big family man he is, I could see this not sitting well with him. 

I honestly was hoping for Francesco to announce he would step away to deal with this, but he has remained at the helm and only stated he will make no further comments. 

I just wonder, until the lawsuit is settled and some more truth is shed on the matter, this cloud will hang over this team and it’s players until it’s finished.

We can all sit here and say boo hoo, collect your big pay cheques and keep playing hockey and win games for our team. But they are all human and have families too. It wouldn’t sit well with me if I worked for a man like that. In fact without going into my own personal details, I have quit a job before and found other work because of a boss who was an absolute monster. I was getting paid well but I didn’t give a shit about that. Only difference, I could quit and walk away…our Canucks players cannot…that would drive me insane. There are enough stories of Francesco being a bully to his employees and work force. All of them cobbler together paint s picture of a crappy person.

I think Francesco has completely derailed this team and he should step aside.

Hmmm. Food for thought. 

I think it is possible that some new cliques have formed. Russians, Swedes, Americans, old-timers, & the young-stars…may be they are not being as open or equally-generous with all of their teammates on the ice, in terms of their trust during playmaking. 

Repeatedly losing quickly becomes like having an albatross hung around each of their necks, especially when they already know how consequential these early season losses can be. 

What breeds confidence? Consistantly losing leads sounds like a failure in team tenacity, fitness, grit, and/or communication…generally degrading their over-all team-D. 

Up the quotient in just a couple of these  categories & I would expect to see some better results, & a few more Ws at least.

Shooting practice, too - way more of that, as the close calls & near misses are  absolutely haunting, now! 

As neat segway, have a happy Hallowe’en!