The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Yesterday's jersey toss - disgusting

Rate this topic

Dazzle

I thought 2015-17 Canucks were bad, thanks for setting a new low Canucks!  This has been by far the worst start of season I've seen so yeah I'd feel the same way that jersey tosser did.

The team was rebuilt pretty much around 2016 with a mediocre minor league level coach Desjardins and we had to withstand losing seasons for several years, until 2019 and last year the Canucks were looking decent and then we're back to square one again with little to show for after the so called rebuild by Bennings, now they have to figure out what to fix.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Was it a Miller jersey by chance?

Looking at the schedule, they play CAR, SEA, PIT and NJ next. That'll be 10 games in. Can they go 0 for 10 in the Win column? 

How long before management wakes up and does something? Do they fire Bruce before they make a trade?

They played inspirational hockey the last half of last season, but those days are gone. Maybe Miller isn't the great leader some thought he was. 

JR/PA messed up IMO, when they refused to trade Miller for a King's ransom in the off season.  

H Sedin jersey

Im sure the person who threw it is nursing a hangover today wishing they didn't turf their $300 jersey. It sure did make a bit of a scene though. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Nearly a DECADE of bad hockey will do that I guess...

Other teams now finding success also went through periods of misery...rebuilding does that. 

Often, they've been in the bottom and have received top picks...it helps move things along.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

Other teams now finding success also went through periods of misery...rebuilding does that. 

Often, they've been in the bottom and have received top picks...it helps move things along.

I think if they explicitly call out that we are starting a rebuild, we'll see some more patience from the fans even the most jaded ones. A letter like the NYR did maybe. IDK.

We could also do a 180 and start winning here. Still early. Even if it's depressing to watch rn.

• Vintage 1

20 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Was it a Miller jersey by chance?

Looking at the schedule, they play CAR, SEA, PIT and NJ next. That'll be 10 games in. Can they go 0 for 10 in the Win column? 

How long before management wakes up and does something? Do they fire Bruce before they make a trade?

They played inspirational hockey the last half of last season, but those days are gone. Maybe Miller isn't the great leader some thought he was. 

JR/PA messed up IMO, when they refused to trade Miller for a King's ransom in the off season.  

Yes. Real change should have been to maximize the player's value and bolster the other parts of the roster. Placing so much emphasis on center has not helped this team, even from the previous management.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

I have a Virtanen jersey I would've had no problem throwing on the ice, but a Henrik?  No way, bad decision there. Drunk people are full of bad decisions. Of course, I'd have to smuggle in the Jake jersey, not wearing that one again.

The whole team needs an overhaul, a new identity, and some big trades need to happen. Shake it up, because whatever they thought would work, isn't working. Time to rebuild the pool with high level prospects, get younger (not sign 30-year olds to $56 million deals). 

I really believed when JR and PA came in, they would do things the right way and really make the Canucks a relevant, competitive team, and maybe even a contender. They did basically nothing to improve the D. 

Hah yeah I'd do the same if I had a virt jersey. I'd never throw a sedin jersey on the ice. And I do think and hope that person regrets it. But I also get it, the frustration is palpable right now. 

The new regime came in and it felt like there was some hope for some changes but it's been a lot of the same same. It's disappointing. 

• Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Nearly a DECADE of bad hockey will do that I guess...

Welcome to a rebuild I guess? We started rebuilding in 2014 without doing a full on tear down and without drafting a generational player. That usually takes a helluva lot longer without an Ovi/Sid/Matthews/McDavid type of player. We still made playoffs in 14-15 and 19-20. 
its not like Vancouver is getting walked all over, the games and their starts to the games have been strong and very entertaining, the 3rd period breakdowns have been heart breaking.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I just thought it was someone looking for attention.  If something were to happen (trade or whatever) they want to say "look at me" to their friends.  

It was lame.  Looks worse on the individual than anything.

I know the person who did the infamous jersey toss last season. That’s exactly what it is, someone trying to get their 15 minutes of fame and pretend that they made change happen. 

I have no respect for people who toss jerseys. Have some class. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2