The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Do You Have the Stomach For a Rebuild?

Rate this topic

Warhippy

Would You Accept A Rebuild?  

208 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is the dumbest mindset and question of all surrounding this team. The fact is we have been in a rebuild since 2013. But we never actually rebuilt. team is dog shit and nothing to look forward to.

WE ALREADY ARE IN A REBUILD. WE ARE JUST FAILING BADLY AT IT, AND DOING IT WRONG DRAFTING 10+

To be honest, I really thought that was happening when Linden/Benning were taken on. Basically, Linden got screwed, and JB was to much of an Aquaman corporate schmo.

I get that Aquaman is every much a passionate Canucks fan as any CDC'er. Without knowing for sure, it seemed Aqua's meddling was a factor in our prolonged misery. 

Dunno....does it seem like he's learned the hard way and is giving his hockey management some leeway now?!?!?!?? The current JR/PA team seems to be executing what they intended from the get go. That is, acquiring younger players, increasing team speed, (more speed wouldn't hurt); it seems they're building around the top three of Demmer, Petey, and Huggy. 

The other thing they're trying to do, as mentioned when hired was our management, was to deal with our devastating cap mess left by the previous management. They seem to be finding that doing so, is no easy task. 

I'm flummoxed by the JT Miller signing though. It seemed totally against what they're saying in their plans to get the ship sailing again. Still in cap hell and no sign of it getting better. well............

Yea. I can totally stomach a rebuild. Let's just do it or not already!!!!!!!!!

What does a rebuild look like? Who has value?  

Trade Bo, Kuzmenko and Schenn.  That’s the rebuild 2022-2023. 

If they’re lucky maybe you can do a hockey trade in the offseason for Boeser or Garland or both… and try to get a contract back + a minor future consideration but I’m not sure. 

4 hours ago, Sativika said:

To be honest, I really thought that was happening when Linden/Benning were taken on. Basically, Linden got screwed, and JB was to much of an Aquaman corporate schmo.

I get that Aquaman is every much a passionate Canucks fan as any CDC'er. Without knowing for sure, it seemed Aqua's meddling was a factor in our prolonged misery. 

Dunno....does it seem like he's learned the hard way and is giving his hockey management some leeway now?!?!?!?? The current JR/PA team seems to be executing what they intended from the get go. That is, acquiring younger players, increasing team speed, (more speed wouldn't hurt); it seems they're building around the top three of Demmer, Petey, and Huggy. 

The other thing they're trying to do, as mentioned when hired was our management, was to deal with our devastating cap mess left by the previous management. They seem to be finding that doing so, is no easy task. 

I'm flummoxed by the JT Miller signing though. It seemed totally against what they're saying in their plans to get the ship sailing again. Still in cap hell and no sign of it getting better. well............

Yea. I can totally stomach a rebuild. Let's just do it or not already!!!!!!!!!

Aside from signing JT over Bo, the primary deviation from the supposed plan, is collecting picks. They acknowledged the need for picks and building up our prospect pool, one of the worst in the NHL. However, they traded a second and now want “hockey trades” rather than picks with a very deep draft coming up. I don’t know wtf their plan is anymore and Alvin doesn't answer questions with meaningful answers. I’m not going to another game till I see what they are up to and change the pathetic team performance.

• Like 1