Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

New management worse than Benning and Co

Rate this topic


ktcy2

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

This is it guys. The new regime is officially worse than benning. We had some ok years atleast under benning. I mean, we won some games and hung in thereZ JR and PA have done zero. Nada. Nothing. Negative. They suck and are just all talk and nothing else. I hope they get sacked immediately. Boudreau is a good coach but look at that friggin defense. 

Didnt Benning sign almost 95% of this roster? We have mediocre players like OEL, Poolman, Myers on D that cant play D and he got rid of Tanev. New Management hasnt done much at all

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

This is literally Benning’s core lol

They promised to change it or do things their way. All talk. First signed a useless Boeser to 6 million. Signed mikheyev and did not upgrade freaking defense. Guess what? You let Boeser walk and not sign freakin mikheyev you have 10 million to sign a freaking klingberg who you can flip at the TDL.

  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ktcy2 said:

They promised to change it or do things their way. All talk. First signed a useless Boeser to 6 million. Signed mikheyev and did not upgrade freaking defense. Guess what? You let Boeser walk and not sign freakin mikheyev you have 10 million to sign a freaking klingberg who you can flip at the TDL.

And klingberg has sucked so far 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Didnt Benning sign almost 95% of this roster? We have mediocre players like OEL, Poolman, Myers on D that cant play D and he got rid of Tanev. New Management hasnt done much at all

1) Extended JT Miller to a potential ugly contract 

2) Potentially traded away a high 2nd round pick in 2024 draft 

3) Got Kuzmenko for free- nice 

4) Sign Mikayev to a meh contract

5) Signed curtis lazar (pretty good) 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes... or, this is all part of their plan. The plan is to tank for Bedard.

 

There's no other explanation for not upgrading the defence when it was so clear that

 

1. Defense was horrible and the wins were only the result of Demko playing at a level not seen since Luongo's 47 win season and

2. Whenever Hughes is off the ice, our 5-on-5 offensive generation was abysmal.

 

Now Demko is looking like a human and fighting the puck a bit and down goes our team. With Hughes off the ice, we are not generating many chances at 5-on-5 as we saw in the first 5 games of the season.

 

We really need to enter a rebuild/retool or whatever they are called by trading some of Pearson, Boeser, Miller, and maybe even Kuzmenko? What are the chance of him re-signing with a rebuilding team? If he will, I'd keep him. I'm not sure if Miller and Boeser are tradeable but my priority would be to clear them off the books. If Miller or Boeser are traded, then I'd use some of that money to re-sign Horvat but otherwise, we might have no choice but to trade Horvat.

 

Give Hoglander and Podz ice time to develop. Let Petey run the PP with Hughes. I like Joshua, Aman, Lazar, Mikheyev, and Garland so I'd keep them around for the rebuild.

 

Bring up Lockwood and Karlsson and trade for veteran forwards to help mentor the younger players.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wasn't a fan of the idea of a very-old JR in the background and his new inexperienced puppet Alvin taking over, plus a management-by-committee vibe. There's pro's and con's with each regime:

 

1) JB's Pro's - was a great trader, pulled the trigger and found a way to make deals (for better or for worse). Was a fantastic drafter, pulled some real gems out (you can thank him for the Petey and Hughes steals).

 

2) JB's Con's - terrible contract signings and terrible cap management.

 

3) PA's Pro's - great cap management, conservative, doesn't panic or rush into moves.

 

4) PA's Con's - terrible draft history in his previous roles, can't seem to fix the team's needs, can't seem to make a trade to save his life.

 

They are literally the opposite of each other and to be honest at the moment, I'd rather have a trigger-happy JB leading a tank than a conservative PA who isn't going to trade anyone for picks/prospects but just watch them all rot together.

 

I'd like to hope that JR takes the reins at some point because we've seen him trade and tear up teams like it's no tomorrow but so far it's a very different approach from him. He created winners in Pittsburgh and Carolina so hopefully he realises what is needed, and that the Canucks are at the start of that journey.

  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

They promised to change it or do things their way. All talk. First signed a useless Boeser to 6 million. Signed mikheyev and did not upgrade freaking defense. Guess what? You let Boeser walk and not sign freakin mikheyev you have 10 million to sign a freaking klingberg who you can flip at the TDL.

Klingberg can't play a lick of defence.  Adding another defensive liability would not be helpful.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I wasn't a fan of the idea of a very-old JR in the background and his new inexperienced puppet Alvin taking over, plus a management-by-committee vibe. There's pro's and con's with each regime:

 

1) JB's Pro's - was a great trader, pulled the trigger and found a way to make deals (for better or for worse). Was a fantastic drafter, pulled some real gems out (you can thank him for the Petey and Hughes steals).

 

2) JB's Con's - terrible contract signings and terrible cap management.

 

3) PA's Pro's - great cap management, conservative, doesn't panic or rush into moves.

 

4) PA's Con's - terrible draft history in his previous roles, can't seem to fix the team's needs, can't seem to make a trade to save his life.

 

They are literally the opposite of each other and to be honest at the moment, I'd rather have a trigger-happy JB leading a tank than a conservative PA who isn't going to trade anyone for picks/prospects but just watch them all rot together.

 

I'd like to hope that JR takes the reins at some point because we've seen him trade and tear up teams like it's no tomorrow but so far it's a very different approach from him. He created winners in Pittsburgh and Carolina so hopefully he realises what is needed, and that the Canucks are at the start of that journey.

Wow you really have forgotten how brutal of a GM Benning was.  He recklessly traded away picks, and wasted some high picks on trash players.  Players drafted immediately after Virtanen and Juolevi (who are both bona fide busts) ended up becoming key/franchise guys on other teams.  After the first round, we had zero picks because he gave them away like candy.

  • Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

Wow you really have forgotten how brutal of a GM Benning was.  He recklessly traded away picks, and wasted some high picks on trash players.  Players drafted immediately after Virtanen and Juolevi (who are both bona fide busts) ended up becoming key/franchise guys on other teams.  After the first round, we had zero picks because he gave them away like candy.

Drafting was apparently his fortay as well

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not getting rid of Miller whilst failing to address the very blatant need on the back end with  1 trade.     1 trade!!!!     All that before knowing your going to somehow have to re up horvat    And then doubling down on stupidity by hiring  turbo douch yeo. Because you really weren’t sure about Boudreau. Good one.  Putting all your faith in the absolute wrong people  out of touch much ?  Before you even evaluated what you had here , or at least not very long after all these mng changes.  I blame this Allvin guy. Who is he? Not really taking Rutherfords word for much either. 

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

Patrick Alvin reminds me of Kramer in that episode of Seinfeld when he takes the subway to an office every day and finally admits to management "I don't even know what I'm doing here?!" 

Alvin & "The Chipmunk Girls" tonight........Alvin And The Chipmunks Alvin GIF - Alvin And The Chipmunks Alvin I Hope Christmas Comes Fast GIFs

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...