Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Ok, Let's Fix This Mess


HKSR

Recommended Posts

TRADE #1

 

To DET:

Bo Horvat

Travis Dermott

 

To VAN:

Tyler Bertuzzi

Olli Maata

 

Detroit could REALLY use Horvat:  https://octopusthrower.com/2022/10/23/detroit-red-wings-face-off-woes/

I know Bertuzzi is a bit of a nutcase, but so was his uncle and we loved him.  Bottomline is he can play hockey, and he plays a gritty game.  Yes, he won't be back for awhile, but at this point, who cares.  We need to look into the future.  Maata should bring a steady presence to the blueline.  Should pair well with a guy like Myers.

 

TRADE #2

 

To NYI:

Brock Boeser

Nils Hoglander

 

To VAN:

JG Pageau

Scott Mayfield

 

 

Kuzmenko-Petey-Bertuzzi

Garland-Miller-Podkolzin

Pearson-Pageau-Mikheyev

Joshua-Aman-Lazar

 

Hughes-Mayfield

OEL-Schenn

Maata-Myers

Stillman-Burroughs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

C's are much more valuable than wingers.

 

If we're moving Bo, we need to be bringing back a long term D partner for Hughes.

You're not gonna find that long term D partner for Hughes via trade.  If the RHD is that good that he's worth Bo Horvat, the team that has him will not be trading him away.  RHD are simply too rare and too valuable.  They are drafted and developed, or else they are signed very lucrative UFA deals.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the trade proposals, but not sure the other teams would. NYI may want Rathbone over Hoglander.

 

IMO the Canucks need to be sellers at the TDL (or now), and if they can't get Bedard or Fantilli, they should draft (RD) Cameron Allen.

 

In the meantime, I'd really like to see a Hughes-Mayfield pairing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You're not gonna find that long term D partner for Hughes via trade.  If the RHD is that good that he's worth Bo Horvat, the team that has him will not be trading him away.  RHD are simply too rare and too valuable.  They are drafted and developed, or else they are signed very lucrative UFA deals.

I disagree, I think C's can be traded for D's. But even if that's true, then you're better off trading him for draft picks to use on drafting D.

 

Would be a waste to trade him for a winger. Those can be had for relatively cheap in the current market.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Master Mind said:

I disagree, I think C's can be traded for D's. But even if that's true, then you're better off trading him for draft picks to use on drafting D.

 

Would be a waste to trade him for a winger. Those can be had for relatively cheap in the current market.

I disagree completely.

 

Here's your list:  https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/active/2023/caphit/all/defense/all/desc/right?stats-season=2023

 

Find me the RHD on that entire list of NHL RHDs that you can acquire for Bo Horvat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To AZ:

BoHo

Rathbone 

Poolman

2nd

 

To Van:

Chychrun 

Bjugstad

3rd

 

Not going to solve our issues in 1 or 2 trades, but this (or something like this) helps address our d and creates cap room.  Bjugstad is a warm body on expiring contract to play center 3 for the time being while AZ could surely get quite a haul at the TDL for BoHo. Yes, I realize there's ltir issues here, but we're spitballing, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I disagree completely.

 

Here's your list:  https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/active/2023/caphit/all/defense/all/desc/right?stats-season=2023

 

Find me the RHD on that entire list of NHL RHDs that you can acquire for Bo Horvat.

If you don't think Bo could fetch any of the D on that list, I don't know what to tell you...

 

But you ignored the rest of my response. C's are worth way more than wingers. We'd be foolish to move Bo for Bertuzzi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

If you don't think Bo could fetch any of the D on that list, I don't know what to tell you...

 

But you ignored the rest of my response. C's are worth way more than wingers. We'd be foolish to move Bo for Bertuzzi.

Give me examples of RHD on that list  that you would target for Bo.  

 

 

Edited by HKSR
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Give me examples of RHD on that list  that you would target for Bo.  

 

 

I see still the New York Rangers as a possible trade partner for the Canucks. Trade Horvat to the Rangers for Braden Schneider + 2nd round pick. If Rangers continue to play the way they have been playing so far their management will get enough pressure from the fanbase to make a trade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

I'm not the one making proposals.

 

I'm just responding to yours. Don't trade Bo for a winger. It's that simple.

Then don't come waltzing in saying we should trade Bo for a long term RHD partner for Hughes :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Then don't come waltzing in saying we should trade Bo for a long term RHD partner for Hughes :rolleyes:

I said if we're moving Bo.

 

If the only trade option is a winger, you don't make the deal. Overall C's are much more valuable than wingers, and you continue to ignore this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

C's are much more valuable than wingers.

 

If we're moving Bo, we need to be bringing back a long term D partner for Hughes.

 

34 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I said if we're moving Bo.

 

If the only trade option is a winger, you don't make the deal. Overall C's are much more valuable than wingers, and you continue to ignore this.

You literally said:

 

"If we're moving Bo, we need to be bringing back a long term D partner for Hughes."

 

I said it's near impossible to trade for a top pairing RHD. 

 

:picard:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, HKSR said:

 

You literally said:

 

"If we're moving Bo, we need to be bringing back a long term D partner for Hughes."

 

I said it's near impossible to trade for a top pairing RHD. 

 

:picard:

You continue to ignore the main point, in that C's are far more valuable than wingers.

 

This is hopeless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

You continue to ignore the main point, in that C's are far more valuable than wingers.

 

This is hopeless.

If u address the first point, I'll address yours.  Find me that long term partner for Hughes in a Bo Horvat deal that you talk about so confidently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...