HKSR

TRADE #1

To DET:

Bo Horvat

Travis Dermott

To VAN:

Tyler Bertuzzi

Olli Maata

Detroit could REALLY use Horvat:  https://octopusthrower.com/2022/10/23/detroit-red-wings-face-off-woes/

I know Bertuzzi is a bit of a nutcase, but so was his uncle and we loved him.  Bottomline is he can play hockey, and he plays a gritty game.  Yes, he won't be back for awhile, but at this point, who cares.  We need to look into the future.  Maata should bring a steady presence to the blueline.  Should pair well with a guy like Myers.

TRADE #2

To NYI:

Brock Boeser

Nils Hoglander

To VAN:

JG Pageau

Scott Mayfield

Kuzmenko-Petey-Bertuzzi

Garland-Miller-Podkolzin

Pearson-Pageau-Mikheyev

Joshua-Aman-Lazar

Hughes-Mayfield

OEL-Schenn

Maata-Myers

Stillman-Burroughs

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

C's are much more valuable than wingers.

If we're moving Bo, we need to be bringing back a long term D partner for Hughes.

You're not gonna find that long term D partner for Hughes via trade.  If the RHD is that good that he's worth Bo Horvat, the team that has him will not be trading him away.  RHD are simply too rare and too valuable.  They are drafted and developed, or else they are signed very lucrative UFA deals.

I like the trade proposals, but not sure the other teams would. NYI may want Rathbone over Hoglander.

IMO the Canucks need to be sellers at the TDL (or now), and if they can't get Bedard or Fantilli, they should draft (RD) Cameron Allen.

In the meantime, I'd really like to see a Hughes-Mayfield pairing

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You're not gonna find that long term D partner for Hughes via trade.  If the RHD is that good that he's worth Bo Horvat, the team that has him will not be trading him away.  RHD are simply too rare and too valuable.  They are drafted and developed, or else they are signed very lucrative UFA deals.

I disagree, I think C's can be traded for D's. But even if that's true, then you're better off trading him for draft picks to use on drafting D.

Would be a waste to trade him for a winger. Those can be had for relatively cheap in the current market.

Just now, Master Mind said:

I disagree, I think C's can be traded for D's. But even if that's true, then you're better off trading him for draft picks to use on drafting D.

Would be a waste to trade him for a winger. Those can be had for relatively cheap in the current market.

I disagree completely.

Here's your list:  https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/active/2023/caphit/all/defense/all/desc/right?stats-season=2023

Find me the RHD on that entire list of NHL RHDs that you can acquire for Bo Horvat.

To AZ:

BoHo

Rathbone 

Poolman

2nd

To Van:

Chychrun 

Bjugstad

3rd

Not going to solve our issues in 1 or 2 trades, but this (or something like this) helps address our d and creates cap room.  Bjugstad is a warm body on expiring contract to play center 3 for the time being while AZ could surely get quite a haul at the TDL for BoHo. Yes, I realize there's ltir issues here, but we're spitballing, right?

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I disagree completely.

Here's your list:  https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/active/2023/caphit/all/defense/all/desc/right?stats-season=2023

Find me the RHD on that entire list of NHL RHDs that you can acquire for Bo Horvat.

If you don't think Bo could fetch any of the D on that list, I don't know what to tell you...

But you ignored the rest of my response. C's are worth way more than wingers. We'd be foolish to move Bo for Bertuzzi.

10 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

If you don't think Bo could fetch any of the D on that list, I don't know what to tell you...

But you ignored the rest of my response. C's are worth way more than wingers. We'd be foolish to move Bo for Bertuzzi.

Give me examples of RHD on that list  that you would target for Bo.  

Edited by HKSR

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Give me examples of RHD on that list  that you would target for Bo.  

I see still the New York Rangers as a possible trade partner for the Canucks. Trade Horvat to the Rangers for Braden Schneider + 2nd round pick. If Rangers continue to play the way they have been playing so far their management will get enough pressure from the fanbase to make a trade.

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

I'm not the one making proposals.

I'm just responding to yours. Don't trade Bo for a winger. It's that simple.

Then don't come waltzing in saying we should trade Bo for a long term RHD partner for Hughes :rolleyes:

23 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Then don't come waltzing in saying we should trade Bo for a long term RHD partner for Hughes :rolleyes:

I said if we're moving Bo.

If the only trade option is a winger, you don't make the deal. Overall C's are much more valuable than wingers, and you continue to ignore this.

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

C's are much more valuable than wingers.

If we're moving Bo, we need to be bringing back a long term D partner for Hughes.

34 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I said if we're moving Bo.

If the only trade option is a winger, you don't make the deal. Overall C's are much more valuable than wingers, and you continue to ignore this.

You literally said:

"If we're moving Bo, we need to be bringing back a long term D partner for Hughes."

I said it's near impossible to trade for a top pairing RHD. 

:picard:

26 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You literally said:

"If we're moving Bo, we need to be bringing back a long term D partner for Hughes."

I said it's near impossible to trade for a top pairing RHD. 

:picard:

You continue to ignore the main point, in that C's are far more valuable than wingers.

This is hopeless.

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

You continue to ignore the main point, in that C's are far more valuable than wingers.

This is hopeless.

If u address the first point, I'll address yours.  Find me that long term partner for Hughes in a Bo Horvat deal that you talk about so confidently.