The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jack Studnicka | #23 | C

-AJ-

7 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

I heard one of the media guys  say "Jack and his entourage" didn't think he was getting appropriate ice time in Boston. That could have meant his agent I guess. I just heard that comment and assumed it was a thing. I don't have much for sources other than there was always talk surrounding his ice time.

https://thehockeywriters.com/boston-bruins-studnicka-ice-time/

https://causewaycrowd.com/2021/10/28/boston-bruins-jack-studnicka-deserves-get-ice-time/

No doubt that the leash is short in Boston. Did Studnicka get a fair shake? Sure there could have been butting heads but that isn't unusual in hockey. DeBrusk had his battles as well, to the point of asking for a trade. I would like to see this kid for 20 games. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

• 1 month later...

Glad to have Studnicka back... as he is young guy with decent size he is striking me as a player who could develop into a very useful player that is capable of playing up and down in the lineup.

He seems to have the work ethic needed to succeed at least.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Wanted to get peoples opinion on how they think Jack is doing. We have had a chance to see him in a few games now. What do you see his ceiling as?

I liked Joshua-Aman-Lazar as the 4th line better. Pederson's success playing with EP40 is affecting the whole roster. 

• Cheers 1

15 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

Wanted to get peoples opinion on how they think Jack is doing. We have had a chance to see him in a few games now. What do you see his ceiling as?

He doesn't hurt us out there.  Otherwise, he doesn't stand out.  Hopefully he's young enough to still develop into more of contributing member of the forward group.

• There it is 1

I was mistaken thinking he was a physical presence. His stats in Bos were 38 games with only 26 hits and 15 blocks. 

We don't need anymore finesse forwards. 

Gimme DiGuseppe instead. 

We have enough skill types we need soldiers. 

Studnika with 0 hits and 0 blocks in Win worries me. He's not a Boeser type. What is he? 

17 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I was mistaken thinking he was a physical presence. His stats in Bos were 38 games with only 26 hits and 15 blocks. 

We don't need anymore finesse forwards. 

Gimme DiGuseppe instead. 

We have enough skill types we need soldiers. 

Studnika with 0 hits and 0 blocks in Win worries me. He's not a Boeser type. What is he? 

Good questions. Not overly impressed to date. 

• Cheers 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah he's got good speed and rang a couple off posts yesterday, but if he can even become a Jannik Hansen that would be great. 
At absolute worst, we keep him for this year and next year and see what we have with him at only 23 years old and $762,500 salary, and if he's not a fit we let him walk (and hope Myrenberg doesn't become another Forsling for Boston).  For now I'd be pretty happy with the following depth in bottom 6 (and give them credit, only Lazar makes $1 million, everyone else makes less than that, not bad for a hardworking if less talented bottom-6):

Dries - (3rd C) - Studnicka
Joshua - Lazar - Lockwood

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Putgolzin said:

I wonder if Studnicka could be the type of player that blossoms under Tocchet.

Reading old Boston prospect bios they were super high on him calling him arguably their top prospect.

And the main point was always his work ethic.

Believe it when you see it. Here's a shock, teams promote their prospects

• Haha 1

4 goals in 30 games is good for just around 11 goals in a year which is pretty much what you need from a 4th liner. It'd be nice if he was better at killing penalties, maybe Tocchet will drill that in to him.

Our 4th liners of Lazar, Joshua and Studnicka at times haven't been bad, they've been pretty much what you expect from 4th liners 5-on-5, but like Rick said I think we need them to be better penalty killers. That should be their main job.

Shame we had 3 of the best penalty killers in the league on our 4th line many times (going back to Lapierre/Higgins), and even more recently (Motte, Lammikko, Highmore) and we've pissed them all away.

4 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

4 goals in 30 games is good for just around 11 goals in a year which is pretty much what you need from a 4th liner. It'd be nice if he was better at killing penalties, maybe Tocchet will drill that in to him.

Our 4th liners of Lazar, Joshua and Studnicka at times haven't been bad, they've been pretty much what you expect from 4th liners 5-on-5, but like Rick said I think we need them to be better penalty killers. That should be their main job.

Shame we had 3 of the best penalty killers in the league on our 4th line many times (going back to Lapierre/Higgins), and even more recently (Motte, Lammikko, Highmore) and we've pissed them all away.

I'd take any of Lammikko, Highmore, Motte over Lazar and Studnicka to be honest.

Studnicka still has potential to grow but I'm not sold on Lazar.

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 5:44 AM, Maginator said:

I'd take any of Lammikko, Highmore, Motte over Lazar and Studnicka to be honest.

Studnicka still has potential to grow but I'm not sold on Lazar.

I'd take Di Giuseppe over all of them

On 2/14/2023 at 2:28 AM, DownUndaCanuck said:

We were in last place for our PK in the league last year with Lamikko + Highmore. If they were so good they'd still have jobs in the NHL. Nic Dowd was the PKer we also pissed away. Beagle + Motte is the last good PK duo we had. 

• elephant 1

4 hours ago, AK_19 said:

We were in last place for our PK in the league last year with Lamikko + Highmore. If they were so good they'd still have jobs in the NHL. Nic Dowd was the PKer we also pissed away. Beagle + Motte is the last good PK duo we had. 

I really don't understand the love for the 4th liners around here

Motte - small , oft injured

Lammikko - out of the league

Highmore - 46 games last year (oft injured) 46 games this year in the A.. can't make a mediocre StL team

Lockwood - small oft injured

Joshua - kinda soft, 3rd worst - on team

for some reason no one love Petan

now falling in love with Gino Odjick, I can understand,

but there seems to be an unnatural love for small oft- injured 4th liners

I don't get it

• Like 1
  • There it is 1

14 hours ago, lmm said:

I really don't understand the love for the 4th liners around here

Motte - small , oft injured

Lammikko - out of the league

Highmore - 46 games last year (oft injured) 46 games this year in the A.. can't make a mediocre StL team

Lockwood - small oft injured

Joshua - kinda soft, 3rd worst - on team

for some reason no one love Petan

now falling in love with Gino Odjick, I can understand,

but there seems to be an unnatural love for small oft- injured 4th liners

I don't get it

It's not that we love our 4th liners...

It's just that our current 4th liners are worse than the guy that is "small and oft injured", "out of the league", "46 games last year (oft injured) 46 games this year in the A.. can't make a mediocre StL team".

Pathetic state we are in considering the 4th liners we had back in the days.