The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. Pittsburgh Penguins | Oct. 28th, 7:00PM PT | 2022 Halloween Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

2 hours ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Team shouldn't feel too good about that win,they got shelled and hardly got any shots.

Team should feel absolutely stoked about the win, for a couple of hours. Then go back to work knowing they have to be better. 

Surprised to hear JT will play. That’s gotta one sore ankle!

• Vintage 2

36 minutes ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Luck wins are about as bad as a loss

A dominant win isn’t worth any more than a greasy win.    Points.   A deflected goal is worth as much as a high lite  reel goal.      Points.    Get  the point? The score board doesn’t say fluke goal or goal of the night it just goes up incrementally 1 at a time  the score sheet works the same :picard:

2 minutes ago, chon derry said:

A dominant win isn’t worth any more than a greasy win.    Points.   A deflected goal is worth as much as a high lite  reel goal.      Points.    Get  the point? The score board doesn’t say fluke goal or goal of the night it just goes up incrementally 1 at a time  the score sheet works the same :picard:

Not point wise,but it's a false sense of security when very little has changed. Just dodged the loss this time.

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The two goals was great to see, but the weird thing about Mikheyev, whose speed was mentioned by some as the closest thing to McDavid, is that I don’t think there has been one instance where I was like, “whoa, that dude is a rocket.”. Hope he finds that top gear soon. 

1 minute ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Not point wise,but it's a false sense of security when very little has changed. Just dodged the loss this time.

Any team. ANY TEAM plays every game to dodge a loss.  What happened prior isn’t/ shouldn’t have relavence. 

14 minutes ago, Wise Guy said:

Don’t know much about him but I do notice he’s pretty small.

He is?  He's almost EXACTLY (to the pound) league average.  Unless you're referring to height I guess.  I never understood why height mattered so much to hockey fans.  Imagine if UFC had height classes rather than weight classes lol!

• Cheers 1

Some debby downers here after a win jeesh!

It doesn't matter how you win, getting 2 points is the goal and the Canucks succeeded...was it a perfect game of course not but they found a way to WIN and that is ALL that Matters at the end of the day!