The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All things Cannabis

DS4quality

2 hours ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Maybe we can merge the 2 threads, would be nice to discuss all things cannabis in one thread.  How have your babbies been doing this year?

I looked, but didn't find the grower thread.

Perhaps I missed it?

Really loving a couple of this summer's crop.

Peyote Cookie (indica) and a cool sativa hybrid - Romulan x Sour Diesel × Girl Guide Cookie. Both have their desired (day use vs night use) effects.

Also have a bunch of Blue Ice (Blueberry x Northern Lights) it's fine, but kinda boring. Ok. Really boring. Gets you baked though.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

It's time for a merge! "All Things Cannabis" covers the growing aspects as well as consumption.  How has this season been for your plants, amigo?

Was a great season yup. Peyote cookie

20221031_204153.thumb.jpg.c496ff1344719b0f6b60950b0ab08343.jpg

20221014_171816.thumb.jpg.2205037ee23d5b7f56e61c2c2c686644.jpg

Edited by luckylager
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Petey Castiglione said:

Got dang beautiful!  What strains are these ladies?

That's the Peyote Cookie. Finished product (lazy trim job though..) and the day before harvest.

Post below is a shot of the Romulan hybrid a week or so before harvest, and a pic of the greenhouse with all 3 girls: Peyote Cookie on the right, Romulan back, Blue Ice left

Edited by luckylager
  • Cheers 1

Another week, another half oz of bud.  I will say that some of the prices are high with halfs going anywhere from $42-$100+. The ones i've been getting were right in the middle of that range. Not sure I'll be venturing into the more expensive stuff to get a half oz but I'm thinking of just grabbing eigths for the sampling/tasting & variety.

This past week I had 'Red Fatso' from the producers Doja.  It is a Hybrid that is more on the Indica side.  This one came in the childproof ziploc which I'm starting to find a bit annoying but it's a small detail.  Off the bat the smell has the pine/evergreen sent, smell wasn't too pungent, nugs were on the smaller side but not popcorn and had a good density to it and was not fluffy.  Not a lot of terpenes on it which I was dissappointed to see.  The Lime Soda and Lilac Diesel had a decent frosting, but not this Red Fatso.  Not sticky to touch but was sticky breaking it up by hand to put in my grinder, grinding was smooth so that tells me it was not too sticky in general.  Smoking as a joint was nice, a bit gassy with that evergreen taste and was smooth.  (I'm trying to keep in mind flavour profile as it smokes but will have to add this to later reviews).  Bong rips did ok but not as enjoyable as a joint.  I feel like the Lime Soda and Lilac Diesel still came through nicely on my bong taste wise, the Red Fatso not so much.

The high was more on the body side but gives a decent head buzz, though it is definitely a creeper.  You'll think nothing is happening and all of a sudden, your baked.  Interesting notes, the Mrs' got the munchies but not as bad as when she had the Lime Soda, she said the Lilac Diesel didn't give her the munchies. LOL.  I also felt the burn out from this strain, probably because it's more on the indica side but I fell asleep on the couch more than once from it.  Definitely more of a evening smoke than day time as even though you don't get couch locked, you may find yourself falling asleep after a few hours after smoking and finding a comfortable spot.  I found we smoked this batch much quicker than the other 2, maybe cause it wasn't "hitting" but "creeping" to get baked.  I will say this was my lease favorite so far.  Look wasn't really there, not much terpenes though it did smell good and wasn't my favorite bakedness. Add in the fact we smoked it quicker which knocks it down a bit for me.  Overall it was okay but I feel like I was more disappointed than impressed and that it's not worth a revisit. Seemed more average in terms of quality and with that it gets 2.5/5. 

If there are questions you guys have or info you would like me to include, I'm open and will do my best.  Was thinking of adding photos if y'all are into it.  In saying that, I got a new batch and that's always exciting!  

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...

this went silent too, what a shame...The green stuff has helped me with some level of pain relief, better than any prescription the doctor has given me. Helps watching Canucks games too!

Just got a vaporizer for Christmas so trying to figure that out and what strain is best for pain etc, any tips would be appreciated!

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, Neutral said:

this went silent too, what a shame...The green stuff has helped me with some level of pain relief, better than any prescription the doctor has given me. Helps watching Canucks games too!

Just got a vaporizer for Christmas so trying to figure that out and what strain is best for pain etc, any tips would be appreciated!

Look for a high CBD level, rather than THC.

A friend says "Fluffy' is good for general body aches, but I've never tried it.

A Volcano vapourizer is likely the best purchase I ever made.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, Gurn said:

Look for a high CBD level, rather than THC.

A friend says "Fluffy' is good for general body aches, but I've never tried it.

A Volcano vapourizer is likely the best purchase I ever made.

Seems this is proving to be incorrect. 
Im not going to search for a quality article, but a 1 second google provided a ton of headlines with the same thing.  
https://www.sarasotamagazine.com/health-and-fitness/2022/07/cbd-or-thc-better-for-chronic-pain

It’s starting to come out that THC is the better option for pain control. 

I think that’s because it is a more immediate effect and works with the brain to try to ease the pain as well.  

CBD does work on the pain receptors in your body, but it is pretty well useless if you don’t take it everyday and for a good period of time.  
It requires your body to ‘get used to it’ and build up in your system.  
It isn’t going to do a thing if your back hurts and you take a big whack of it.  

9 hours ago, Neutral said:

this went silent too, what a shame..

legal or not, still somewhat taboo I think. 

9 hours ago, Neutral said:

.The green stuff has helped me with some level of pain relief, better than any prescription the doctor has given me. Helps watching Canucks games too!

High THC indicas are best for pain I find.  
Dulls the area slightly, and hopefully helps you forget it hurts for a bit.  Lol!

Personally, for pain I use RSO or something like a phoenix tears extract.  Super high THC concentrate 

you eat.   
It’s not for low tolerance folks as it will legit f**k you up, but when you wake up from the nap, pain is usually gone.  
I have a reoccurring back injury and this is what I take for it.  
Each container has about 800mg of THC.   I take about a 1/4-1/3 of that.  
Take a nap very soon after.  Lol 

Wake up a bit groggy and baked, but usually feel a lot better 

Edited by D.B Cooper
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Neutral said:

I just stumbled upon Rick Simpson oil, anyone heard of this guy or tried to make his oil?

That is what I was talking about when I said RSO in the post right above yours.  
The stuff is wonderful.   
Eat it, smear it on a paper and use it for a doob, put it in a vape.   

1 hour ago, D.B Cooper said:

That is what I was talking about when I said RSO in the post right above yours.  
The stuff is wonderful.   
Eat it, smear it on a paper and use it for a doob, put it in a vape.   

Haha I am SMRT...

Have you made your own RSO oil? How woud you use it in a vaporizer just drop a small amount onto some herb?