The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) for Mitchell Marner

If Miller was playing the way he was last year, this would be a conversation to be had, but he's not so the Leafs say no way. Marner is an elite playmaker in this league and consistently scores points whereas Miller had 1 great season and a couple of good ones before that, and is only getting older. He's bigger, stronger, wins faceoffs and in theory is a two-way forward but watching him he's dreadful defensively. Meanwhile Marner is smaller, not as versatile but far more explosive offensively.

• Vintage 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I hate the Leafs but like Marner.  He’s like Ron Ellis. 

If Burkie was back in TO I could see him initiating this deal. Truculence is truculence. 

It would be a scary top line with Petey, Marner and Mikheyev. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Quacks said:

I can tell how many of you don't watch any other team besides Vancouver. Miller over Marner? Marner trumps him in nearly every offensive and defensive metric, but it's unsurprising that a stupid team is supported by stupid fans.

Getting Old Baby Boomers GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mr. Quacks said:

I can tell how many of you don't watch any other team besides Vancouver. Miller over Marner? Marner trumps him in nearly every offensive and defensive metric, but it's unsurprising that a stupid team is supported by stupid fans.

Oh superior wise one...question is do you even watch this team? (doubtful). 

I watch other teams...saw the Leafs last night as a matter of fact. He wasn't much of a factor, in fact, nearly every shot attempt he had missed the net/went wide.

Miller has the ability to change the game and is a physical force out there. He ain't going anywhere.

But thanks for showing up every couple of years to set us stupid fans straight. Might want to ease up on the insults though if you want your point heard.

(I don't deny Marner's a great player...I just don't feel he's what this team needs...especially considering what he would cost)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If Miller was playing the way he was last year, this would be a conversation to be had, but he's not so the Leafs say no way. Marner is an elite playmaker in this league and consistently scores points whereas Miller had 1 great season and a couple of good ones before that, and is only getting older. He's bigger, stronger, wins faceoffs and in theory is a two-way forward but watching him he's dreadful defensively. Meanwhile Marner is smaller, not as versatile but far more explosive offensively.

In theory a 2 way, but one of the biggest knocks about Miller is his 2way play. Marner on the other hand has been 14th, 33rd, 10th, and 16th in Selke voting the last 4 years. If anyone here thinks he's a pure offense guy they are criminal misinformed.

Petey and Marner on a first line pk would be an absolute force in the NHL. I'd jump at the chance to get Marner in a heartbeat. Marner for Miller would never happen, but it would be a massive win for the Canucks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2