The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) for Mitchell Marner

1 hour ago, JM_ said:

just one thing I will point out - Petey is becoming a lot more physical. The way he's engaging now is something Marner doesn't do. 

Wasn't it two games ago against Seattle where Petey took the guy hard into the boards, then Podkolzin came in and finished him off? 

3 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Marner is a soft, smallish, skilled player, making over $10 million a season. 

Not the kind of player the Canucks should be targeting.

I'd do Boeser+ for Nylander though. 

Isn’t Wee “don’t hit me” Willie softer than Charmin though?  Now that’s a Leaf who is easy to laugh at.  

The only guy on that loser team worth getting is Marner. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Tell me you don't watch hockey without saying it

Our team needs to get tougher, Miller for Marner does the opposite of that. On majority of teams I would welcome Marner but, unless this move were to come with cap relief to address that it is thanks but no thanks from me. 

Edited by canuck73_3

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Isn’t Wee “don’t hit me” Willie softer than Charmin though?  Now that’s a Leaf who is easy to laugh at.  

The only guy on that loser team worth getting is Marner. 

I thought Nylander was one of the Leafs better playoff players the last couple years. 

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Marner wouldn't put those numbers up on a team where he was forced to play like a man and put in an acceptable effort in his own zone.  I wouldn't pick up that gutless piece of garbage from waivers.

Marner has been voted between the top 15-30 best defensive forward in hockey 4 years in a row. He also did that putting up an average of 1.2 points per a game.

• There it is 2

8 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

Marner has been voted between the top 15-30 best defensive forward in hockey 4 years in a row. He also did that putting up an average of 1.2 points per a game.

LE got votes as well, but anyone who watched him play could see he didn't care at all about putting in any effort.  You don't want to create a culture where refusing to break a sweat is acceptable, which is what Marner contributes to in Toronto.  Let's not take the Leafs' trash off their hands.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Marner wouldn't put those numbers up on a team where he was forced to play like a man and put in an acceptable effort in his own zone.  I wouldn't pick up that gutless piece of garbage from waivers.

Marner has been getting Selke votes for the last 5 years, even finishing in the top 10 two years ago.  He even had 3 shorthanded goals last year and is used extensively on the PK.  You obviously have never watched him play...

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

10 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

LE got votes as well, but anyone who watched him play could see he didn't care at all about putting in any effort.  You don't want to create a culture where refusing to break a sweat is acceptable, which is what Marner contributes to in Toronto.  Let's not take the Leafs' trash off their hands.

He did, and deserved to get those votes. With both the Stars and Bruins LE was a legit defensive force. Even in his time with the Canucks when his play was piss poor he was still reliable defensively.

I'll create a culture where under sized wingers who put up over a point per a game while being one of the best defensive forwards in the league any day. What culture has Miller helping to add to this team? He's been leading this team for years and if anything our culture has got worse as time has gone on. His lack luster play to start this year and absolute disregard to play defensive hockey or even skate at times likely has something to do with that.

Fortunately for you, we don't have to worry about this. Toronto isn't insane and in no world would even entertain taking Miller for Marner without a significant add on our end, and even then likely wouldn't 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Shayster007 said:

He did, and deserved to get those votes. With both the Stars and Bruins LE was a legit defensive force. Even in his time with the Canucks when his play was piss poor he was still reliable defensively.

I'll create a culture where under sized wingers who put up over a point per a game while being one of the best defensive forwards in the league any day. What culture has Miller helping to add to this team? He's been leading this team for years and if anything our culture has got worse as time has gone on. His lack luster play to start this year and absolute disregard to play defensive hockey or even skate at times likely has something to do with that.

Fortunately for you, we don't have to worry about this. Toronto isn't insane and in no world would even entertain taking Miller for Marner without a significant add on our end, and even then likely wouldn't 

The Leafs best player is Marner.  

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Do you consider Marner's effort in the playoffs to be acceptable?

Marner is a near ppg player in the playoffs, he is a positive +/- player with one actually questionable series under his belt in like 2018 when he was 20 years old

People rip on him about his playoff performances but the truth is he is one of the few players lying down, blocking shots throwing his body and generally killing himself in that top 6 trying to make things happen all while being a shade undersized compared to some.  He gets crapped on but Matthews, Nylander, Tavares all get free passes.

You sit and call him a gutless floater but say nothing when JT coughs up the puck and looks at his stick while casually skating towards the bench you're giving him a pass.  Meanwhile Marner is Mr forecheck in the playoffs and garners more selke votes in one year than Miller has his entire career.

Sorry bud, this is about as intelligent as your "kill/harm/mutilate McDavid" comments last year during the playoffs.  You've literally no idea what you're talking about calling Marner a gutless floater and suggesting Miller doesn't and cares more about winning in the same breath

If there was a 1-1 deal for Marner I'd kick Miller to the airport shove him in a suitcase and pack him some of Taver's PJs for warmth and not think twice

• Cheers 4

2 hours ago, BoKnows said:

Wow I can't remember the last time I heard a take this bad.

Oh, one sec.  It was one page back on page 3

5 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Why would we want a gutless floater who refuses to backcheck and has one of the worst contracts in the league?  Miller at least cares about winning, unlike Mitch the bitch.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canuck73_3 said:

Our team needs to get tougher, Miller for Marner does the opposite of that. On majority of teams I would welcome Marner but, unless this move were to come with cap relief to address that it is thanks but no thanks from me. 

People suggest or think Miller is tough?  The guy is larger than Marner and Garland but gives up as much or more than both of them combined on plays.

8 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

People suggest or think Miller is tough?  The guy is larger than Marner and Garland but gives up as much or more than both of them combined on plays.

Missed Miller pummel Soucy, and finish 2nd on the team in hits last season? 

• Cheers 2