The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rewind [Proposal]

Dog Reverse GIF

To Ott

Brock Boeser 6.65M

To Van

Tyler Motte 1.35M

8gp 2g 5a 7pts +6 on a 70+PT pace. Of course he won't achieve it will he??? Probably not. 

We now have 5.3M cap space to work a deal for a Defenseman. 

This offseason was a mess. Could we have gotten something for Brock this offseason a 2nd?? Chesley/Warren??  

Would you consider Motte and a 2nd + 5.3m cap space a win right now?? 

IMO we took a wrong turn when we let Motte walk.

Edited by hammertime

As attached as I get to players, I do see the redundancy in Brock and that it may be time to consider moving him. I'd hate it, but if it betters the team then sure.

And I feel like Motte's one of those energizers on a team and can spark something out of nothing. The same kind of energy that Garland brings (but not the same agility).

I usually don't like revisiting players but would absolutely support Motte returning.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

No need to trade for him but I really don't know why we disbanded our energy line and most stable line of last year. Surprised Lammikko hasn't had another look elsewhere. I know Lazar and Joshua have been good but that was such an unnecessary swap. 

Would have rather kept Lammy, signed Motte for 1.25M (heck give him 1.5M) and then sign Lazar and let Highmore go. That would have been the perfect 4th line. 

• Vintage 1

The cap doesn't work. Ottawa has 3.4M in cap space, 3.4M+Motte's 1.3 isn't enough to take on Brock's 6.6M. They'd be over the cap. 

Brock is 6.650, Tyler is 1.350, 50k is enough to overlook but 600k worth of cap hit is impactful once you've already gone past 6M. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

The cap doesn't work. Ottawa has 3.4M in cap space, 3.4M+Motte's 1.3 isn't enough to take on Brock's 6.6M. They'd be over the cap. 

Brock is 6.650, Tyler is 1.350, 50k is enough to overlook but 600k worth of cap hit is impactful once you've already gone past 6M. 

Excuse me 5.3m cap space. We sign Motte in the offseason. Brock goes literally anywhere will give us anything.

4 hours ago, hammertime said:

Dog Reverse GIF

To Ott

Brock Boeser 6.65M

To Van

Tyler Motte 1.35M

8gp 2g 5a 7pts +6 on a 70+PT pace. Of course he won't achieve it will he??? Probably not. 

We now have 5.3M cap space to work a deal for a Defenseman. 

This offseason was a mess. Could we have gotten something for Brock this offseason a 2nd?? Chesley/Warren??  

Would you consider Motte and a 2nd + 5.3m cap space a win right now?? 

IMO we took a wrong turn when we let Motte walk.

There's absolutely no need to sell low on brock (or give him away for free like in the above)

He's only on a short term deal

And there's a good chance he goes on a heater at some point. If we want to move him, thats when we do it. 

We shouldn't be selling low on any of our players. We buy low (like Bear). 

We also have no shortage of bottom-6 forwards, and even if we did, there are plenty still un-signed. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I like Motte a lot and am fine with resigning him in the offseason. It is great he is doing so well in Ottawa. 

No chance should we trade Brock Boeser for him. Brock's value is at an all time low, but his deal is thankfully short. I'd rather we rehab the guy and get him producing again and then move him if we want.