The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Senators are up for sale

Rate this topic

22 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

As a front man, Reynolds’s would be a great asset to any organization. The amount of charisma that dude has makes Bieksa look like Allvin. But he’s definitely not going to be the money man as his pockets ain’t that deep compared to the billionaires that frequent the sports ownership world.

it has to be that former Blackberry dude backing this. 

3 minutes ago, JM_ said:

it has to be that former Blackberry dude backing this. 

Sounds about right.

I’ll admit, I’ll be a bit envious if the Sens get Reynolds’s on board. I give our ownership props for spending to the cap consistently…but at the end of the day Aquaman is a pretty underwhelming presence at the top of the organization. The recent breath of fresh air brought in by Bieksa just made it that much more stark. Need better conduit of communication to the fan base. Allvin sure ain’t it, and Rutherford has one foot out the door at his age, lets face it.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Locke Lamora said:

Sounds about right.

I’ll admit, I’ll be a bit envious if the Sens get Reynolds’s on board. I give our ownership props for spending to the cap consistently…but at the end of the day Aquaman is a pretty underwhelming presence at the top of the organization. The recent breath of fresh air brought in by Bieksa just made it that much more stark. Need better conduit of communication to the fan base. Allvin sure ain’t it, and Rutherford has one foot out the door at his age, lets face it.

yea have to admit if this was RR looking at buying the Canucks I'd be pretty pumped. 

6 minutes ago, JM_ said:

yea have to admit if this was RR looking at buying the Canucks I'd be pretty pumped. 

Sure, a large part of the Wrexham FC story was Reynolds’s advancing his “brand”, but he has flat out reinvigorated an entire fanbase in a previously down trodden little Welsh town. Even the most cynical of folks would have a tough time dismissing the effect he’s had in that ownership scenario.

Considering his Twitter handle is @VancityReynolds it kinda sucks he may be jumping into Ottawa sports.

4 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Sure, a large part of the Wrexham FC story was Reynolds’s advancing his “brand”, but he has flat out reinvigorated an entire fanbase in a previously down trodden little Welsh town. Even the most cynical of folks would have a tough time dismissing the effect he’s had in that ownership scenario.

Considering his Twitter handle is @VancityReynolds it kinda sucks he may be jumping into Ottawa sports.

I'm happy for him, and for that city. It's good to get more profile to any Canadian hockey. 

• Cheers 1

On 11/1/2022 at 1:12 PM, Saved_by_Jesus said:

There are apparently 98,000 users on this forum.  

If we each pitch in $6,690.  We can afford it.  I would actually do this. 

We can use the Senators as a destination to send the Canucks bad contracts, utilize cap space to acquire players cheaply, draft players for the Canucks, etc.

This is how the Canucks finally win the cup.  Let's do this.

Can you imagine the infighting within ownership group? Only thing getting agreed on is Alf for mascot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I hope Reynolds can find a sugar mama or daddy to help him buy the Senators. He'd be fun to have on board as a minority owner, the marketing value alone he brings would make him worth having round. 

On 11/8/2022 at 10:58 AM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This is great news for Senators fans though, they deserve ownership that's willing to put money into the team.