The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 1, 2022 New Jersey Devils(6-3-0) @ Vancouver Canucks(2-5-2) 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena SN360 SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

8 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

The whole setup looks really nice.

I was a bit down on the logo given Abby took it already, but this should be a good look. Excited to see it.

I like that they used the orginal Johnny Canuck, not the modernized one, since Abby is already using it, and hence not retro enough. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Ok.  What exactly, had Bear accomplished so far?   Dermott/Benn have done more so far.  So let's be real. 

Exactly; lets see what he can do on the 3rd pair. If this were my lineup, I'd put Burroughs in over Stillman. Having a guy that can take a couple shifts for Schenn on the 1st pair would be great given NJ's team speed.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't think he's better than Myers; I just think the chemistry might be better.

Myers will play like a top 2 shutdown defenseman 1 game then play like a fringe AHL’er the next. I’m hoping Bear proves to be largely more consistent than Myers. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Exactly; lets see what he can do on the 3rd pair. If this were my lineup, I'd put Burroughs in over Stillman. Having a guy that can take a couple shifts for Schenn on the 1st pair would be great given NJ's team speed.

I don't try to know what's going on with the players or the coaching staff ... so just blindly trust they know what they are doing lol... but do understand that making line changes, can be about trying to find lightning in a bottle.   So far we haven't been able to do that, other then create some somewhat solid lines.   Bruce and JR want to create long term lines .., to do that we need the right players and not sure we've got that.   

Maybe Miller Horvat and Garland works out. 

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I don't think he's better than Myers; I just think the chemistry might be better.

I think they are close, the fact that Bear is 7 years younger and less than a 1/3 of the price almost makes him better based on value and upside alone. You never know what Myers you're going to get night in a night out. Of course Bear has been basically off a couple years after a covid battle so there is unknown there...but's he's young and cheap.

Edited by Harold Drunken

1 minute ago, Harold Drunken said:

Myers is wildly inconsistent 100%

Myers is consistent when you ask him to play his role @ ~20-24 min a game. Playing him 28+min as has been the case results in the lack of consistency. Unless we want to be the oilers, we need to devlop 3 pairings that eat minutes; 23-25/20-24/15-17

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, BC_Hawk said:

Myers is consistent when you ask him to play his role @ ~20-24 min a game. Playing him 28+min as has been the case results in the lack of consistency. Unless we want to be the oilers, we need to devlop 3 pairings that eat minutes; 23-25/20-24/15-17

Wouldn't disagree with that at all. Depth is key 100%