The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 1, 2022 New Jersey Devils(6-3-0) @ Vancouver Canucks(2-5-2) 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena SN360 SNP SN650AM

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Podz had 14 goals last year. He needs to start getting a couple here and there. 

Tough when he is being given 10 mins of ice time with the 3rd or 4th line, depending how you wanna look at it.  

Podz is the last one on the list of players that I expect more out of.  He's been fine. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Tough when he is being given 10 mins of ice time with the 3rd or 4th line, depending how you wanna look at it.  

Podz is the last one on the list of players that I expect more out of.  He's been fine. 

Ice time, coaching, special teams or whatever, I think he's due for some goals. 

• There it is 1

27 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Maybe they could pull this relic out of a hanger and make the modifications. Color scheme aint to far off...:)

EVSe9fWU8AEb3pr.jpg

I feel like I just got off the plane and am headed to the Pacific Coliseum..........where you better not fall on the stirs because it's, basically, straight down!

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Podz had 14 goals last year. He needs to start getting a couple here and there. 

I've wondered this as well. Some media and fans can be really tough on some of the players, very critical in everything they do, but Podz seems to get a pass even though he still doesn't have a goal. To be fair, Podkolzin is only 21, and Boeser, Hughes and OEL don't have a goal yet either.

I think Pokolzin will turn out to be an excellent winger for years, the goals may come later, once he gains confidence.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

These were the goalies at the time lol

image.png.1e35ceb82cd70953bf2617060f582f6a.png

Point being....someone said he "dominated" the game but there's no I in team.

Also...excuses. "Good teams find a way"...isn't that what we're told? Or is that only when we lose?

25 minutes ago, Harold Drunken said:

Karen's = Fans who can look at things objectively while considering many factors, stats, cap hit and overall value and not automatically come to his aid because he's a nice guy and has pretty hair?

Boeser is a goal scorer, he doesn't kill penalties or play particularly well defensively nor is he physical or outspoken.......If he's not scoring, he doesn't have a ton of value, that's the reality of it and his game. I like Boeser as much as anyone, but he's gotta put the puck in the net consistently to have any value at his cap hit.

100% on target! All of the above points get even further exasperated when he is not only just not scoring, but showing lack of effort on every shift.

He is the polar opposite of Hogs; gets sh!tty minutes and parings often, but drives offence...unfortunately can't finish.

6 minutes ago, stawns said:

he needs to get some ice time with consistent linemates.  BB is no friend of podz, imo

Once Miller has a couple more games to gain confidence, it would be great to try that line of Podz-Miller-Garland again. Contrary to popular belief, Horvay plays well not matter who he plays with or what role he is asked to play.

10 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

I've wondered this as well. Some media and fans can be really tough on some of the players, very critical in everything they do, but Podz seems to get a pass even though he still doesn't have a goal. To be fair, Podkolzin is only 21, and Boeser, Hughes and OEL don't have a goal yet either.

I think Pokolzin will turn out to be an excellent winger for years, the goals may come later, once he gains confidence.

He'll be fine. It was a tough stretch for a young guy those first 7 games. As stated above, it would be great to see him with a confident Miller again soon.

25 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

REFEREES

Steve Kozari #40
SK40.jpg?resize=120,120
Chris Schlenker #3
CS03.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 8 8
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 75 / 14 11 / 0
Career Games (Reg/PO) 1093 / 123 246 / 0
First NHL Game 10/15/05 10/24/16
Birthplace Penticton, BC Medicine Hat, AB

LINESMEN

Caleb Apperson #77
2021_CA77.jpg?resize=120,120&ssl=1
Michel Cormier #76
MC76.jpg?resize=120,120
Games ’22-23 8 10
Games ’21-22 (Reg/PO) 54 / 0 75 / 15
Career Games (Reg/PO) 62 / 0 1234 / 89
First NHL Game 10/19/21 10/10/03
Birthplace Kitchener, ON Trois-Rivieres, QC

No Sutherland, Meier, Hanson, or O'Rourke is a good thing.

• There it is 2

1 minute ago, stawns said:

BB is no friend of podz, imo

I've had my own internal doubts about how well BB is suited to develop young players.

I fully understand that the NHL is not a 'developmental league', but at the same time, when you have players who go to the NHL with no AHL experience, undoubtedly they'll need some developing, as not everyone can be an 'impact rookie' immediately.  

I don't know BB's coaching history well enough to be able to identify any notable players who he developed under his tenure into 'impact players' - and I mean players who weren't already incoming stars (not Ovi/Backstrom), but rather players who came into the franchise needing development to fulfill their potential. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

I've had my own internal doubts about how well BB is suited to develop young players.

I fully understand that the NHL is not a 'developmental league', but at the same time, when you have players who go to the NHL with no AHL experience, undoubtedly they'll need some developing, as not everyone can be an 'impact rookie' immediately.  

I don't know BB's coaching history well enough to be able to identify any notable players who he developed under his tenure into 'impact players' - and I mean players who weren't already incoming stars (not Ovi/Backstrom), but rather players who came into the franchise needing development to fulfill their potential. 

I don't disagree on the BB comment, but have to wonder how much BB was hamstrung with trying to get Miller going. He ended up stacking that line (Miller-Bo-Garland), and Miller took off. I think the 3 line balance will be back, just give it a couple more games to pump Miller's tires

Edited by BC_Hawk