The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Have you given up on this season. Let's take a poll!

Rate this topic

Ghostsof1915

Is the season over? Yes, No, Maybe?  

283 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just one thing I wanna make clear here just because you are a fan of something doesn’t mean you necessarily like it being a fan just means you’re fanatic, basically meaning you have extreme feelings about something doesn’t necessarily mean good or bad

Tbh I'd say 5 games instead of 10.

Last year showed that by the 20 game mark, it's too late to start climbing back.

If we keep losing the next five, we need to sell off assets not named EP, QH and TD.

If we win 4/5 of the next 5 games, then we're back into the playoff race.

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Don't assume anything - that's my mantra.   And don't speak in generalizations.   It's tough at times.  Real fans lol...for a long time i beat a drum saying that anyone that only grew up with the WCE and Sedin teams were spoiled.   Now it's more of a level playing  field.   Anyone who's a fan of the Canucks - is a fan of the Canucks.   I don't get those idiots that say "high standard high standard - criticize every single minute detail" like they have some sort of sway, acting like spoiled brats not getting their way and having a tantrum, those aren't good fans... real or not.   Or those fans throwing their sweaters on the ice ... pouting mofo's, they'd have lost their teeth when i was a kid.   There was a time, when there wasn't social media (like this ... wow i sure didn't realize i was doing that whoops!) or cell phones or the internet, and people went to a bar to watch the game or a party ... .    And if you went to and if people were criticizing your team while wearing an Oilers or Flames or whatever jersey, that it often didn't make it outside.   This is a blanket statement i won't get behind.   Homers shouldn't be confused with people that just want the best for their team.   No matter what.   What your saying i have never actually met anyone like that really.   Not on this site either, every single fan on this site has been critical at one point or another. 

Oh.. maybe I didn't articulate my post to coconuts very well.

Saying "I don't think this team has what it takes" after 10 games doesn't make you less of a fan than someone who says "I believe in this core".

I fall into the former.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

42 minutes ago, Rubik said:

maybe 90-92 points will be enough... not sure how much that changes the math though lol

the western teams are getting destroyed by the east so far. if this continues it would mean that the wildcard spot will very likely be lower than normal. we have seen wild card spots as low as 87 before.

I think the east just got out to a good start, playing 1/3rd of thier games VS arizona the canucks and Anahiem. Nashville went 0-3 and Colorado went 1-2. Only 5 teams in the west has winning records vs the East.

East vs West 40-19-7 67 Points

West Vs East 26-35-5 57 Points

Hockey of all the Major sports has a lot of luck (and refs) determining games. Just Like the Canucks I would not count out the western teams.

9 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

Yeah. Good thing. 

Just sayin. They were hockey games and we lost them

Who's "we"?

"They" and many on the roster aren't there now. It's used as a period to assess who stays/who goes. Who's ready, who's not.

How many points did we give up in the preseason again?  Oh yeah.....

42 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

When a team flops so bad through preseason and then 7 games in , it really kills the any hope.

I voted yes. 

313421451_10159803159405549_238247493755

First 7 games of the regular season they were 3-3-1

Went on to win the cup.

Teams sometimes take a bit to gain some traction and chemistry. Even the ones that go on to eventually win the cup don't just come out of the gates destroying everyone.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

.625 i did the math .. if we can't do that, we don't deserve to be there in the first place given ten teams or so are over .500 but don't make it with loser points. 

way too early to being doing math. The canucks could go .625 and still miss if they give up the majority of thier games vs the remaining wild card spot contenders

so far the canucks have only played 3 games vs western teams going 1-1-1.  These are the most important games in my opinion.

If we get lucky and dominate the wild card games we got a decent shot.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Petey_BOI said:

way too early to being doing math. The canucks could go .625 and still miss if they give up the majority of thier games vs the remaining wild card spot contenders

so far the canucks have only played 3 games vs western teams going 1-1-1.  These are the most important games in my opinion.

If we get lucky and dominate the wild card games we got a decent shot.

Well if 97-98 points isn't enough then i suppose i should have made it .626 instead.  Point is, we don't have to play .700 hockey for the rest of the season do we?