The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Bo to Detroit for Seider

Won the Calder but a bit of a sophmore slump offensively with 2 assists in 9 games but I've seen bits of his play and he looks much stronger than last year. He'll end up being a Norris candidate in a couple of years.

Top defencemen > 2nd line all around centers.

Would have to be Bo + 1st + Rathbone for Seider. To be honest if that's a middle 1st pick I'd do it in a heart beat because you just don't find defencemen like Seider easily. He is surely on Detroit's no-touch list.

I know people say there's no real untouchables in this league ("If Gretzky blah blah blah") ...

But a bonafide and proven top pairing RHD that can put up 50pts+, and is under 25 years old?  UNTOUCHABLE.

If Quinn Hughes was a RHD, there's nothing that would be worth the return.  Same can be said of Makar, Seider, Dobson, Fox, etc. 

As everyone is saying there is 0% chance that gets accepted. 

I honestly think if we offered Hughes for Seider 1 for 1 they still say no. 

For us to get him it would take a massive package along the lines of:

- Unprotected 1st this year

- Unprotected 1st next year

- Rathbone

- Podz

- maybe a roster player like Garland 

Even that package I think there is a decent chance they say no. 

Are folks still thinking this trade would never happen? Bo has been scoring at a torrid pace. Maybe throw in OEL with 2M retained. They would get a defenceman back with a proper Cap hit. OEL would surely want to go to a top team that would be so through the duration of his contract.

1 hour ago, grandmaster said:

Are folks still thinking this trade would never happen? Bo has been scoring at a torrid pace. Maybe throw in OEL with 2M retained. They would get a defenceman back with a proper Cap hit. OEL would surely want to go to a top team that would be so through the duration of his contract.

Yes.  People are still correctly saying there’s not a snowballs chance in hell that Detroit accepts this.  

• Like 1

On 11/1/2022 at 4:29 PM, grandmaster said:

Young RD former 2019 6OA. 
52 points in 91 games.

Would fit nicely in as a top 4 D.

There should really be a vetting process and filter in the trade proposals thread....my goodness.

How about Myers + Pearson for Kaprizov? Minny gets a towering d-man/giraffe and a player who's averaged 27 points a year with us! 

On 11/5/2022 at 3:43 PM, grandmaster said:

Yes, because it won't and everybody in the hockey world would agree with that notion.