The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 3, 2022 Anaheim Ducks @ Vancouver Canucks - 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

6 minutes ago, Muttley said:

Rathbone can't get a break. Seriously think he should ask to be moved. Too much talent and potential to be sitting around as a spare. :wacko:

Shouldn’t be sitting here. If he can be traded great. He’s a liability in the NHL still  unfortunately 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harold Drunken said:

That's one way to look at it, another way to look at it is HOW you lose the games. When you're down, and you register 4 shots total in the final period...with the first shot being a Tyler Myers wrister from 30 feet out 10 mins into the period that's not good. If you lose a game because the other team is more skilled then fine, but when you keep losing games because you can't play 3 periods of decent hockey and consistently get out worked and the other team clearly wants it more it's tough to sit there and say "hey, the better team won..onto the next"...

Of course

but then the canucks dominated the penguins and the talk id of how the penguins had a bad game. The real penguins came out in the first 5 minutes of the third period

with some people there is nothing positive

the positive i see are that the goals scored on us arent from being out strategized or out played but from very high risk low reward type plays, example d to d passes through players or blind passes to open ice instead of having a board battle. They are desperate plays by a few under performing players who dont really do that

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

How about we try with 2 defencemen on one of the units? Having 4 forwards and a defenseman on the PP doesn't seem to be generating any better results.

Super good for giving up 2-1's and momentum changing PK goals against though. Exciting. You know how they always say it's better to live dangerously then win games.

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Shouldn’t be sitting here. If he can be traded great. He’s a liability in the NHL still  unfortunately 

Disagree. He’s been in the line up for two of our wins I believe. Our only two wins. There’s no scenario in which Stillman should be playing over Jack right now. I saw signs of progression in Ratbone’s game, then *whoosh*, gone from the lineup. Not that Rathbone is some saviour, but I still don’t think he’s had enough of a chance for a verdict on him to be in.

But increasingly, as with Bo, if the management doesn’t see the value in the players like I, or many others do, ship em somewhere where they will be.

This is painful for me, especially with Horvat, but that’s where I’m at.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1