The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Canucks - Kraken Horvat for Wright+

33 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

Why do both team make this deal?

Vancouver to get Dunn and a Young top prospect Centre for a player that they can't resign

Seattle does this to get an experienced centre in his prime that scores goals, wins faceoffs and a great leader and be the community face in Seattle like Vancouver and Seattle would give him a 6 year deal for over 7 Million 

that is my reasoning for the teams doing it 

Edited by Odjick 4 Premier
  • Upvote 1

One of those weird deals that could be either real good or bad in retrospect. Horvat is a solid 60-70 points 30+ goal guy. Wright could be the next Alex Daigle or he could be a bonafide 1st line centre. Dunn is also a very good player, which makes me think that Seattle says no to this.

On 11/3/2022 at 2:27 PM, Kuzy said:

Wright does not look like anything special at the moment. They're thinking of sending him back to junior which is a bit of a red flag for me as someone who was projected to go 1st overall most of last year.

Of course he doesn't look special at the moment. That is why it is the time to take a risk on him. If he looked special at the moment , he'd never be traded in a million years 

Now is the time to buy low on Wright 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

No it isn't. Some ppl have this smartass reaction to every trade proposal involving top prospects.

Huh whaaat har har. 

Why the hell don't you explain yourself

Sure.  As soon as you can find me an example of a team trading an 18 year old player taken 4th OA months into his career for a pending UFA.  Go ahead.  I’ll wait.  

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, qwijibo said:

Sure.  As soon as you can find me an example of a team trading an 18 year old player taken 4th OA months into his career for a pending UFA.  Go ahead.  I’ll wait.  

You didn't say in real life so let me whip up the old Xbox.

and make Horvat a 99 overall too. You didn't say I couldn't.

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2022 at 6:08 PM, qwijibo said:

Dude he is only UFA if you don’t try to resign him and Seattle would not let him walk after paying that haul 

25 minutes ago, Odjick 4 Premier said:

No, really you think?

Of course but a team wouldn't give up a haul to let him walk

He is going to get his money and term when he gets traded 

He’s a pending UFA.  It doesn’t matter to him what a team trades to get him.  If he doesn’t see a fit or thinks he can go better elsewhere he can choose to not sign and go to free agency.  Beyond that. I’m still waiting for someone to come up with an example of a player being traded months after being picked 4th OA.  Yes. Lindros. But he refused to sign. So who else?  It doesn’t happen, especially not in the salary cap era. To think it’s a possibility. And that Seattle would add to him is lunacy 

• 2 weeks later...