The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins Sign former Renounced Coyotes Draft Pick Mitchell Miller to ELC [UPDATE] BRUINS RESCIND CONTRACT

AngryElf

I figured the discussion around Mitchell Miller is worth its own thread rather than just the minor signings thread. 

Basically, Miller physically and psychologically tortured a classmate who is mentally handicapped and black. These atrocities include using a myriad of racial slurs and convincing him to lick a candy after it had been dunked in a urinal. 

Edited by AngryElf

Definitely a Bruin type player.  What a loser.

EDIT:  Ok, he was in 8th grade, so I'll give him that excuse.  At 13 or 14 years old, his brain is still developing. 

EDIT 2:  Haven't had a chance to edit this post in light of all the new info that came out.  Had no idea it went on for so long, and had no idea he didn't actually apologize directly to the victim.  There's really no other way to take this other than this kid has not truly understood the magnitude of his actions.  Glad the Bruins rescinded the contract.

Edited by HKSR
  • Cheers 1

Let the Bruins have him.

I know he was in 8th grade but my god, what he did was revolting.

I believe in second chances, i just find it hard to believe that the same person that did all of those things is actually capable of real empathy. Idk. He literally tortured another kid who had an intellectual disability. 

I hope a conscience is something that you can in fact grow and that he's a good person now. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Caboose said:

How are we feeling about this?

I am inclined to say the kid faced some consequences for his actions, but I somewhat remember him not being very apologetic intially.

As of November 2020 when the ‘Yotes renounced the pick the mother of the bullied and abused teen said that they had received an apology from the other person involved in the bullying but still not from Miller.  I don’t know if anything has changed in the interim but the Bruins PR dept will start spinning this momentarily.

Not really sure that going on to play in the USHL the next year and receiving the player and defenceman of the year awards is much of a consequence.

Just now, 4petesake said:

As of November 2020 when the ‘Yotes renounced the pick the mother of the bullied and abused teen said that they had received an apology from the other person involved in the bullying but still not from Miller.  I don’t know if anything has changed in the interim but the Bruins PR dept will start spinning this momentarily.

Not really sure that going on to play in the USHL the next year and receiving the player and defenceman of the year awards is much of a consequence.

Yeah, sounds like this signing should not have happened.

3 minutes ago, 4petesake said:

Wait NO apology?

Sounds like we may need to re-sign Chaos Giraffe just to administer a proper (clean) Keithing. 

2 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Also id be curious what his apology to the kid he bullied looked like.

If it was anything short of falling on his knees and crying while begging for forgiveness, this guy is probably still a worthless sack of marchand. 

He hasn't, at least as of 20

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nhl/news/never-apologized-letter-coyotes-draft-pick-victims-mother-to-team/2pjvw4pqlzz210qp6fnksguif

I also can't find anything that states otherwise. this kids a little scumbag and only pretends to feel bad when it benefits himself.

• Cheers 4

6 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

Also id be curious what his apology to the kid he bullied looked like.

If it was anything short of falling on his knees and crying while begging for forgiveness, this guy is probably still a worthless sack of marchand. 

I also would like to know if there would still have been an apology if he wasn’t about to sign an NHL contract. 

Just now, Pears said:

I also would like to know if there would still have been an apology if he wasn’t about to sign an NHL contract. 

No apology apparently. Im forking livid. 

"As much as we pray Mitchell will eventually see the damage he did to our son, we have seen no remorse. The other gentleman had a sincere apology to our son and our son forgave him. The magistrate said it best: 'Mitchell, I don’t think you are remorseful for what you did more than you are upset for the negative attention you are getting.'

"Again, the bully incident that continued over years has damaged our son mentally significantly and your organization is more concerned about Mitchell and your hockey success."

Myers, we need you to teach one more lesson. 

• Cheers 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

I also don't consider that statement an apology. He recognized he did a terrible thing, that's not making amends. An apology is contacting the other student, and his parents and making a real effort to apologise for the trauma this kid caused. I haven't seen any report he did that.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1