The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins Sign former Renounced Coyotes Draft Pick Mitchell Miller to ELC [UPDATE] BRUINS RESCIND CONTRACT

AngryElf

As angry as his actions make me, I have to give him a chance to prove he has grown as an idividual. Age is no excuse, but at the same time you gotta give people a second chance. Otherwise how can any of us improve as people? I hope with all my heart he is a better person. But yeah, I gotta say it doesn't sit right with me. But maybe that is just evidence I need to improve as a person.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I give up. After the Logan Mailloux situation and this, I'm done with this stupid narrative about NHL teams "rehabilitating" these players. They can't do that. That's not what they're built to do.

All I want to know is if Mitchell Miller actually apologized to his victim. Had a heart to heart because what he was found guilty of was horrendous and you can legit call him a racist because of what he did. Even if he did it when he was young.

And of course, the Bruins did not reach out to the victim's family when they decided to sign him. Gross.

Oh and Mitchell's victim's mother had this to say when asked if the Bruins reached out to her about this decision:

Edited by Quantum
  • Cheers 1

I'm willing to give him a second chance. Let's see if he's grown up--and let's be honest, we've all grown up a bit since we were 13 or 14 in 8th grade. People can change, but you've gotta give them a chance to prove themselves.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm willing to give him a second chance. Let's see if he's grown up--and let's be honest, we've all grown up a bit since we were 13 or 14 in 8th grade. People can change, but you've gotta give them a chance to prove themselves.

He already had a chance in front of a judge.  He had a chance prior to the draft.  How many chances are too many?  Do these chances have to involve a professional hockey contract?

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

He already had a chance in front of a judge.  He had a chance prior to the draft.  How many chances are too many?

There's definitely a limit. I admit, I don't know Miller's story too much aside from the bullying in grade 8.

Virtanen, for instance, reached his limit of chances, so even more gracious people like I will admit that there's a limit to chances.

On 11/4/2022 at 11:37 AM, Quantum said:

I give up. After the Logan Mailloux situation and this, I'm done with this stupid narrative about NHL teams "rehabilitating" these players. They can't do that. That's not what they're built to do.

All I want to know is if Mitchell Miller actually apologized to his victim. Had a heart to heart because what he was found guilty of was horrendous and you can legit call him a racist because of what he did. Even if he did it when he was young.

And of course, the Bruins did not reach out to the victim's family when they decided to sign him. Gross.

Oh and Mitchell's victim's mother had this to say when asked if the Bruins reached out to her about this decision:

sickening.

Edited by Mike Vanderhoek

4 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Something helpful would be the family and Miller speaking the same language, insisting nothing will ever be enough until restitution to the victim and family takes place. Not to simplify or disregard anything here but what is it the victim's family wants ? Miller has apologized its been reported multiple times or attempted in multiple ways and neither has been accepted. 

Miller has been convicted, plead guilty to charges and he faced consequences sure, nobody is going to pretend to know how the victim feels or lives daily with what was done to him, clearly the family feels no closure over this, but what is Miller supposed to do, not earn a living, not follow a career path ? its horrible, the family clearly feels whatever effort Miller has made is not enough and does not suit them in order for them to move forward. Hopefully the victim has a strong support system and maybe at some point the family and Miller can find amicable ground. 

Miller still went to college.  There are many career paths that can be opened there.  He should be free to follow one of those, with the exception of those that involve working with children.

Edited by King Heffy

1 minute ago, KristoffWixenschon said:

I'm glad that I'm not eternally judged for every awful thing I did when I was a stupid kid. I hope that was a huge life lesson for him and he has truly grown as a human being.

We need to accept that people do grow over time.

That being said, now I want to go YouTube some interviews of the kid.

You might be right if not for the fact he was still tormenting the kid as late as two years before his draft year. So no, I highly doubt he’s changed. 

17 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

That's not quite the way it works.

Admit, apologize, atone, and then perhaps you can receive forgiveness; but people should never forget.

He has not admitted the full extent of his errors.

He has not properly apologized.

He has not atoned at all.

This signing is absolutely appalling.

The NHL and the NHLPA should not approve the deal and should reverse it.

The Boston Bruins organization and their rotten, bigoted, ignorant, and violent fans are the worst in the league.

The league should also hit the owner with fines, take $10m off their cap, and have them forfeit 1st round picks, for the same number of years this pos tortured his victim(s).

Sweeney should be canned immediately along with anybody else involved.

There is also another victim here.

The young man would did not get signed to an NHL contract because this pos got his.

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

There's definitely a limit. I admit, I don't know Miller's story too much aside from the bullying in grade 8.

Virtanen, for instance, reached his limit of chances, so even more gracious people like I will admit that there's a limit to chances.

The victim’s  mother says that it continued in 2018. Is Miller trying to say he was in grade 8…when he was 17???

Jeez even in his statement he tries to minimize his actions.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Goal:thecup said:

The Boston Bruins organization and their rotten, bigoted, ignorant, and violent fans are the worst in the league.

I can't say I disagree with anything else, but their fans seem pretty united against this signing. I don't think it's fair to be calling them out when they actually agree that the signing is appalling.

Excuse me while I wash my mouth out with soap.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I can't say I disagree with anything else, but their fans seem pretty united against this signing. I don't think it's fair to be calling them out when they actually agree that the signing is appalling.

Excuse me while I wash my mouth out with soap.

Yeah, the ones voicing their displeasure are in the dozens or perhaps a hundred or so; they get like 20,000 freak'n jerks out to every game.

Cheering Mason's broken back, beating up fans of other teams, cheering for that other pos Marchand..  now I gotta go wash my typing fingers.