Canucks Community

[Proposal] NYI Scouts in Town eh?

HKSR

A deal around the basis of...

To VAN:

Scott Mayfield

To NYI:

Brock Boeser

Mayfield is a pending UFA.  30 years old.  Not prone to playing a full season either (injuries).  However, he fills a massive need on this roster... a stay-at-home, big, shutdown RHD. 

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1

Shutdown D or not, does Mayfield move the needle in the top 4? Because we've got lots of bottom pairing options on our roster right now. 

He's the third guy behind Dobson and Pulock. He may fit the vein of the sort of player we could use but we need a player in that vein who can play top 4. 

NYI only has 3M in cap space, it's more than likely we'll need to take cap back if we're moving out anyone with a larger cap hit.  

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Shutdown D or not, does Mayfield move the needle in the top 4? Because we've got lots of bottom pairing options on our roster right now. 

He's the third guy behind Dobson and Pulock. He may fit the vein of the sort of player we could use but we need a player in that vein who can play top 4. 

NYI only has 3M in cap space, it's more than likely we'll need to take cap back if we're moving out anyone with a larger cap hit.  

He moves the needle for me.  Prior to Dobson breaking out, Mayfield was the 2RHD for years.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

He moves the needle for me.  Prior to Dobson breaking out, Mayfield was the 2RHD for years.

For funsies. 

Miller, Schenn, and a 4th (whichever is higher between ours and NYR's this year) for Josh Bailey, Scott Mayfield, and their 1st. 

Miller slots in at roughly the same price as Bailey but Bailey expires earlier. Frees up 8M. We get Mayfield to sign, and an extra 1st.

They get a guy who can play a similar role to Mayfield, a guy who can slot in on either Barzal or Nelson's wing, and a pick. 

Maybe not as a high a return as some might like, but I'm factoring in freeing up 8M within two seasons into the return. 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

We want Pulock and Pageau.  Both defensive minded players.  One a top pair (right shot) D - partner for Hughes.  The other a true checking (3C).  

Miller + Myers seems fair.  

Then our D is:

Hughes, Pulock

OEL, Bear

Dermott/Bone, Schenn

Snd our centres are:

Petey

Bo

Pageau

Amaan;Lazar

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We want Pulock and Pageau.  Both defensive minded players.  One a top pair (right shot) D - partner for Hughes.  The other a true checking (3C).  

Miller + Myers seems fair.  

Then our D is:

Hughes, Pulock

OEL, Bear

Dermott/Bone, Schenn

Snd our centres are:

Petey

Bo

Pageau

Amaan;Lazar

I don’t think Pulock is getting moved though believe he has trade protection and loves it there.

Mayfield will be there dman moved if any and I could see him being a TDL acquisition if anything if they can’t sign him. 

Pageau is someone i would be interested in.

RH C good at face offs he fits the player profile of what we need. 

would be solid 3C that’s plying as a 4C for them right now and making $5million. 

He should still be serviceable for the length of his contract and if we can pay all our wingers over $5 million why couldn’t we pay our 3C that it’s pretty much the going rate 5-6.5 for 3Cs now.

but I’m not sure what the trade would be or who they are most interested in. The player values / $ amounts are hard to line up 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Mayfield is a top 4 Dman, has played over 19 minutes a night consistently for the last 5 years.  Only reason he is technically not in the top 4 on NYI is because he has Dobson and Pulock ahead of him.  Same with Severson, who plays behind Marino and Hamilton.

Mayfield on Vancouver instantly becomes our 2nd best defenceman and is a perfect partner for Hughes.  He's not a long term partner but fits the retool on the fly which is what JR is doing.

I'd easily do a deal around Boeser + for Pageau and Mayfield...

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Mayfield is a top 4 Dman, has played over 19 minutes a night consistently for the last 5 years.  Only reason he is technically not in the top 4 on NYI is because he has Dobson and Pulock ahead of him.  Same with Severson, who plays behind Marino and Hamilton.

Mayfield on Vancouver instantly becomes our 2nd best defenceman and is a perfect partner for Hughes.  He's not a long term partner but fits the retool on the fly which is what JR is doing.

I'd easily do a deal around Boeser + for Pageau and Mayfield...

If they're scouting Van as of late it ain't Boeser they're watching

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Maybe it's Miller then...   :frantic:

I think it's more likely given he'd actually playing, him or Horvat

NYI doesn't need our D, their right side is better, they're ain't getting Hughes and likely ain't after OEL on our left side 

They're almost certainly looking at our forwards but Boeser hasn't been in the lineup so interest in him makes no sense 

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think it's more likely given he'd actually playing, him or Horvat

NYI doesn't need our D, their right side is better, they're ain't getting Hughes and likely ain't after OEL on our left side 

They're almost certainly looking at our forwards but Boeser hasn't been in the lineup so interest in him makes no sense 

Maybe it's Horvat...   :frantic::frantic:

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Petey for Barzal, Dobson and a 2023 1st?

You're gonna need a lot more 5 point games 

But really, I wouldn't be surprised if it was about Miller given the interest they supposedly had and the draft deal that may or may not have existed 

• Upvote 1