The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] November 5 2022 - Nashville Predators @ Vancouver Canucks - 7:00pm PT Rogers Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

1 hour ago, vancan2233 said:

Same old story with this fan base, does not matter who's coaching the team, they believe they would do better. Seems to me most NHL coaches make game day decisions based off of who shows well in practises. Stiilman must be showing he understands what the coaches what in practise over Burrows and Rathbone. Podz most of showed a lack of understanding in practise. Yes I wonder why some decision are made, but we are not in the room or at practises. In Podz case it could also be he is nursing an injury and needs a day to recovery.  Who knows, but if we lose this place is going after BB's head. 

Podz had 14 goals last year.

0 big nada right now. If he gets 14 this year it will be a miracle. And Podz doesn't hit that much or block shots. I think we should get Ryan Johnson to train him to be a good PK. Let his scoring come but first get him a defensive identity. 

Stillman can go kick rocks.

14 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

If Podz is going to be scratched or played in a fourth line role they may as well just send him to Abbotsford tbh 

At least there he'll get top six ice time and play in significant roles 

I think the expectation is for Podz to start showing a more physical game while he's on the bottom 6

If he isn't scoring, he needs to work on other areas of his game.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I think the expectation is for Podz to start showing a more physical game while he's on the bottom 6

Maybe. But my argument is that he'd be better served playing big minutes in Abbotsford and getting both powerplay and PK time. If the idea is for him to develop into a top six talent I think he'd be better served doing that. 

Being a top 10 pick isn't some sort of exemption from AHL time. 

2 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I was at the Rangers game that Podz smashed a great hit. I was hoping to see more of that. But not really happening. 

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe. But my argument is that he'd be better served playing big minutes in Abbotsford and getting both powerplay and PK time. If the idea is for him to develop into a top six talent I think he'd be better served doing that. 

That's true. It would suck for him a bit but it also makes sense. Since we have a million wingers if he's not clearly above the others he should go down.

Edited by Gawdzukes

Out with my son and daughter in law ... my son bought this for the game tonight. When I dropped them off they invited me up to try it...I was tired and still had to head by my daughter's and then drive back home so I took a rain check. My son said "you'd hate it anyway....tastes like smoke".

Cheers to a win.

312959179_10159817595910549_582085968451

314875880_10159817596320549_833021246530

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hopefully he becomes a driving, physical force in the top 6. That is what he is projected to become, but we've

seen very little. 

If he has to learn to be a dominant player in the AHL, then so be it.

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

That's true. It would suck for him a bit but it also makes sense. Since we have a million wingers if he's not clearly above the others he should go down.

It would, but it could be best for both him and the team in the long run. This team has a logjam up front and I question whether he's best served being buried towards the bottom. 

5 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Hopefully he becomes a driving, physical force in the top 6. That is what he is projected to become, but we've

seen very little. 

If he has to learn to be a dominant player in the AHL, then so be it.

I genuinely think it'd be better for him, there are too many skill guys ahead of him for him to get much powerplay time at the NHL level and given how the season's gone I question how much opportunity Bruce would give him on the PK. 

He could hone his game at the AHL level, get bigger minutes, play a bigger role, and ideally feature on both special teams. If the goal is to develop Podz into the best player he can be they're wasting him on the fourth line or in the press box. I understand the upside of training with NHL pros, but they pay a coaching staff in Abbotsford so surely they must have confidence in their ability to train pros?

I'm getting frustrated by how this team is utilizing Podkolzin.

Edited by Coconuts
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Out with my son and daughter in law ... my son bought this for the game tonight. When I dropped them off they invited me up to try it...I was tired and still had to head by my daughter's and then drive back home so I took a rain check. My son said "you'd hate it anyway....tastes like smoke".

Cheers to a win.

312959179_10159817595910549_582085968451

314875880_10159817596320549_833021246530

Ron swanson's favorite.

• Cheers 1